Skyrim Iron Helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

renegadecow

Got hooked on Elder Scrolls V just recently and wanted the iron/dragonborn helmet real bad. I wanted it quick too so making one out of real cast or iron sheet was out of the question. So I turned to my favorite medium as far as making costumes is concerned: foam rubber. It was simple enough to make, with the horns being the hardest just because there were a lot of sections. Although I did not copy the horn design in-game specifically as they remind of intestines. Instead I made the sections larger and more scale-like to look more like talons instead of ram horn. All in all took about a day to make excluding drying time.
Initial form minus distress effects and rivets

After paint and everything else

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mosarmini

Woah, that picture looks like it was taken straight out the game, matter of fact, it looks like Skyrim had a massive texture enhancement :p

wrcromu

Awesome !! Really great build and paintjob !! Never played the game but i saw several pics and it looks really accurate... Great Job mate !!

gregdoom

That looks fantastic! Any chance you have a pattern? Or did you just freehand it from the ingame model/screenshots?