Skyrim Iron Helmet

renegadecow

Got hooked on Elder Scrolls V just recently and wanted the iron/dragonborn helmet real bad. I wanted it quick too so making one out of real cast or iron sheet was out of the question. So I turned to my favorite medium as far as making costumes is concerned: foam rubber. It was simple enough to make, with the horns being the hardest just because there were a lot of sections. Although I did not copy the horn design in-game specifically as they remind of intestines. Instead I made the sections larger and more scale-like to look more like talons instead of ram horn. All in all took about a day to make excluding drying time.
Initial form minus distress effects and rivets
IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

After paint and everything else
IMG_2324.jpg

Woah, that picture looks like it was taken straight out the game, matter of fact, it looks like Skyrim had a massive texture enhancement :p

Awesome !! Really great build and paintjob !! Never played the game but i saw several pics and it looks really accurate... Great Job mate !!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back