Silly/weird Star Wars question

Prolly.
But is that really any worse than an entire GALAXY full of people, yet everyone we've met so far (all 5 of them) are related somehow?
i:e: Luke is Leia's sister. Vader is Luke's dad. Vader made 3-PO. Fette made EVERYBODY. Blah, blah, blah...
I was okay with Vader being Luke's dad - that was surprising.
But then it was like George saw the reaction and was like "Everybody's related to everybody! That's what the kids want!"
So now we have an entire galaxy - a GALAXY! - and 12 key people are all related and 100,000millionbillion people just don't matter at all.
Yup.. that's good story telling [/sarcasm]

I don't get why everyone was so bent out of shape over that. I'll give you the C-3PO connection, but I always though that Leia being his sister was kind of the Force connecting people who needed to be together to fix everything.

I read a fan story, almost a novel, really, like 300 pages long, where the Enterprise D encountered a temporal wormhole linking the Star Wars and Star Trek universes. It stemmed from the age old nerd fight, "who would win in combat, the Enterprise, or an Imperial Star Destroyer." They fought, and in a valiant effort to close the wormhole, they flew through it and detonated their warp core. Problem was, they ended up going back way before the Empire, and crashed on a barren planet with no humanoid life. They decided to settle it and live out their lives, and named it Coruscant.

Oh, and Master Chief was there too. It was silly, but I remember that I enjoyed it at the time.

Star destroyer guns are overpowered anyway, if you believe the stats in the books, its a wonder they even needed a death star.

I think I read something that people claimed that all humans originated on Coruscant, but "galactic historians" say that is wrong. Certain species can interbreed. The only one I remember for sure were humans and Twileks. Who the heck knows now that Disney killed everything though. I'm sure they will mess things up, for absolutely no reason, and have wampas from Tatooine or Gungans coming from Hoth just because it's theirs now.

The EU already did that with certain, more notable creatures popping up seemingly everywhere. I know that Rancors were a popular thing with many a writer as were Gundarks, I think.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, are species in Star Wars like in Star Trek compatible with each other and capable of producing offspring or does Start Wars keep it more 'real' with little to no crossbreeding? It would seem that some species would be compatible, like Chis and Humans, although I'd imagine the offspring looking something like a human sized Smurf.

I don't know if any cross breeding happened, but they might have had fun trying.

mftfE.jpg

I don't get why everyone was so bent out of shape over that. I'll give you the C-3PO connection, but I always though that Leia being his sister was kind of the Force connecting people who needed to be together to fix everything.

Well, when you put it like that it kinda makes sense.
Provided we're talking about the spiritual force of the OT and not the microbial force of the PT.
I was okay with the Luke/Leia/Vader connection in the OT, but the prequels just got plain ridiculous.
I can't believe I'm acknowledging the prequels.
I'll be right back - I have to bleach my brain.

A part of me could kinda picture Coruscant actually being Earth in the distant future...although that would screw up the whole "long time ago" aspect, so that's an incorrect manner of thinking I suppose.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back