Silicone P1 Suit Evolution. Pg41 Hands Video 19/07/13

Utter **** I would start again buddy..............

I mean quality as ever Dude, keep going and you'll make it for Dragon Con. I wish I had half your talent.

haha, yeah well that's been a battle with armour, I do not like PERFECT looking armour, it should be beat up, dented etc,  so I have just decided , screw it close enough is good enough on this, if people are paying that close attention to the perfect symmetry of the shoulder armour, my skin must suck ass.

gotta bounce back to the JUDGE  DREDD build again next week, but I also hope to have time to cast up the right hand. :D

If you could be so kimd as to show how you texture your pieces. It would give me some kind of idea for future reference. And yea great job on the sculpt.... like I needed to say it pssshhh.

Right hand poured, trimmed and touched up, ready for painting next week.

then I will hopefully mould the shoulder armour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff Lee.  Are you foaming the fingers at all, or is the silicone thicker in the tips?  I'm looking forward to seeing that shoulder armor done!

Brian

No need for foaming, they were sculpted on my own lifecast, and the tips filled with enough silicone to have a good fit.

having said that I am not happy with these so may end up pouring another set next week.

Looking good Lee...I am curious how stiff or flexible the finger tips really are even if they are a snug fit. For instance, if you grabbed something on a table would the tips bend a funny direction or are they thick/stiff enough to pretty much keep their shape? Just curious.

Steve

Steve,
   being silicone they will bend if you push on them, but will return to the cast shape when not being pushed or pulled. being as the nails are solid virtually, they do not flop around or move unless made to.

I am definitely not happy with the right hand so will be pouring another next week.

Soory dude i have another question. Did I read somewhere on this post that when you paint silicone it needs to be painted sometime soon after is is cast?

I just brushed it in, I do not have the time or money to make cores sadly.

I did these in a rush ( I should know better ) and they are slightly too thick in a couple of places and I had to repair them in 3 places, which does not bug me that much but they are way thicker than the left hand, and that does irk me. 

I will do them again and take my time hopefully Tuesday.

EDIT : sorry didn't see 2nd question, im happy to answer anything  if I can, I am told it is best to paint silicone within a week, preferably 48 hours, having said that the left hand I made went unpainted for over a month, and the paint is fine on it after countless showings to people and test fits etc.

Thanks Lee. It's good to know about the time frame on the paint. It is weird about the rush on painting. I was just trying to decide if I wanted to try the silicone route or stick with my original Skin Flex plan. Do both hands move well with your hands?

I am not too worried about painting it quick, but I will make a effort to paint silicone as soon as I can, so I have been making sure I have time after the pour to paint up, just makes me plan ahead for a change.

the hands are very flexible, and even though I made a mistake with the left hand so it ended up slightly too big, it still moves very well, and this video although a couple of years old shows it.

http://s56.photobucket.com/user/Usurper73/media/MyMovie.mp4.html

Yea that looks like it is very comfortable. How is it cleaning/mending seams with silicone? I'm going to attempt a seamless hand mold very soon with the skin flex. I really like trying new stuff.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back