Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

Maybe the mold or the vinyl casting material is distorting in some batches over time? If not that, I wonder would they resculpt/remold to achieve such a subtle change?

FA0321A1-39A0-43D0-8EF0-3CF38801FF81.jpeg

It might just be a result of the foam insert inside the head causing more horizontal stretch.

maybe the process of foam inserts changed, maybe some batches were under certain environmental or physical conditions causing a different shape of the foam. We had early reports of head dents so the various shaping may be accidental.

Well I might have to send this one back already. The airbrushing inside one ear looked barely applied, and the other ear airbrushing flakes off when I touched it. If I had an airbrush I know I could easily fix this. I dont know if its supposed to be just the dot or a larger airbrushed fadded dark spot, what do other peoples look like?

094093CA-B84A-45C0-81F5-76FB815AEDE9.jpeg
E5708A26-02F2-43F5-B6FD-15104F16D171.jpeg

The cheeks look good though, not overly pink.

ExLeOrFVgAM3bqq?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Last edited:
For all those unsure on the Hot Toy's version on the Child I can say it is not a epic fail both versions have there pros and cons and neither is perfect I was lucky enough to get the last Hot Toy's one from Toys Wonderland I got him a few day's ago I'm so happy with it I've sold my Sideshow one .

By now we all know of any problems with the Sideshow version here is what I've found good and bad with the Hot Toy's

The good

Ear seems you just don't see them they are there but they are blended so well

Ear magnets are just as strong as the Sideshow hand magnets no the ears will not fall out , But the magnet in the hand that holds the Shift Knob is very weak and could be better

Mouth is amazing just adds to the face he seems so much happier , hair on the head is fuller on my Hot Toy's it was really patchy on my Sideshow also the eyes are better they seem brighter and way more reflective

Paint is just as good if not better in some areas than the Sideshow mainly the cheeks the hands and feet are just as detailed as the Sideshow there is no gloss on the nails which my Wife corrected for me which does make a big difference

You can pose this guy without having to cut it to pieces big tick it couldn't hack my Sideshow one up and I'd probably mess it up I'm not as talented as some of you RPF members

Now the bad !

Hands and feet no one on Youtube mentions this except Jedda Patrol like are you blind they are to big but I feel like the Sideshow are to small maybe somewhere in between would be perfect

The Hot Toy's one is a unbalanced mess with out the stand this guy will fall over if left unattended the legs are loose he has to be on the display stand why they didn't have a way to lock the legs when standing or a ratchet type thing I don't know Sideshow is solid as a rock and the feet for are huge you think that would be good but they don't stand flat , when standing he is on the inside of his feet they won't stand flat

Either way you go they are both excellent the choice is yours at the end of the day hope this helps someone undecided out there

Dam that ear paint coming off isn't good I think you might be the first I haven't seen anyone else mention any problems with paint only the foam in the head breaking down or having air pockets

Hope Sideshow gets the Hot Toys version shipping soon. After seeing all the early unboxings, I’m very excited to see one in-person, but there’s only a week left in March...

Sean

Got mine, and very pleased, but seeing the Hot Toys version, I was suitably impressed to order one.

Attachments

• 38AD2694-C9F8-4623-BA95-3D4200C83212.jpeg
    38AD2694-C9F8-4623-BA95-3D4200C83212.jpeg
    510.9 KB · Views: 75

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back