Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

The Mattel versions are great toys IMHO. They are fun to have around. I have the Sideshow and will have the Hot Toys version so I am not trying to say this needs to be accurate as I like it for just having around and something I don't have to worry about getting damaged.

I have the first version (bean bag body, plastic hands, closed mouth. I like that the second version has feet (the version with the carry bag, slightly open mouth) but not crazy that the hands and feet are plush.

This version seems to be the V1 head on the V2 body. They did a very nice job on the hair and the robes. Not sure if they changed the paint apps on the head as I am not really comparing them closely.

As far as this offering is concerned, It's nice but I think it looks more like a $200 or $250 item. And in the end, I don't feel compelled to have it in my collection.

I will say that if Mattel ever does a deluxe version of their doll, I would be in. I would like to see one with the robes shown, and all vinyl and posable body, and with a few more inches added as well. I propped my V1 doll (11in) onto something 4" and let the robe drape over it and it looked very good. I find the head to be a little oversized for the body but the extra height really helps proportions.

Does it look like the pram is life size or toy size? It looks pretty detailed and accurate!

The doll itself is not life-size to begin with. It's better than anything Hasbro has done but it comes in about 4 or 5 inches shorter although I think the head is not too bad for scale and i think they could make the doll taller and the head would be in proportion.

With that being said, I think when comparing the scale of the pram to the figure, I think they cheated a little on the proportions. I think it should be a little longer but I am not sure. It's just me looking at it.

I'd say if you really want a pram, you might want to either go fan made or see if Hot Toys comes out with one. I wouldn't put it past them to come out with some figure accessories.

I would like a full size pram to go with my sideshow Grogu. I have seen a few kits on Etsy, but I don’t have the means to assemble them myself. So this may have to do until and if something else comes along.

If it was under $300 and they took payment plan/paid later, I would definitely get it. It probably would fit the Sideshow Grogu fine. It's only a couple inches taller than the Mattel. The pram should open and close with him laying down.

The pedestal and mechanized doors are great. This is better than any 3D printed ones so far.

It's just hard to justify spending $400 for a display for a $350 item for me.

If it was under $300 and they took payment plan/paid later, I would definitely get it. It probably would fit the Sideshow Grogu fine. It's only a couple inches taller than the Mattel. The pram should open and close with him laying down.

The pedestal and mechanized doors are great. This is better than any 3D printed ones so far.

It's just hard to justify spending $400 for a display for a $350 item for me.

It might fit in, but it going to look off. Like I said, not only is it under scale for the sideshow, it’s also under size in general.

This is the best example I can find to illustrate what I mean. Now we have to assume that Sideshow is knowledgeable on what items true sizes are. I think it is generally believed they do a good job. So in the image you can see how large the pram should be in comparison to Grogu.

CCDD3788-B414-4154-8E18-6272F3D0A3F6.jpeg

7A709C78-98B7-403B-B71C-3964EE616A84.jpeg

This is from the hover version Mattel did for a one time eBay auction. It’s the only picture from the side I could find.I would guess they would use the same mold for this one?

Last edited:
This is from the hover version Mattel did for a one time eBay auction. It’s the only picture from the side I could find.I would guess they would use the same mold for this one?
Just at first glance, the circle pivot points and other derails like the added groove on the limited version near that area are different.

The hover version looks like a good equal scale between doll and pram. From the photos of the one they are selling, I just don’t get that feeling. It’s not uncommon for toy companies to cheat a little between the scale of a figure and a vehicle. Look at this image...

1615126797595.jpeg

notice that when he is laying down, the top of his head is at the pivot point of the retractable cover. He may even have a few inches to spare at his feet But that is hard to see. I just don’t get that feeling from the toy they are selling. I would hazard to guess that if you laid him down, his body would be almost the length of the pram. Now, I am honestly just guessing. From the images available, they don’t really give you a true idea either way but based on past experiences, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was under scale. It is still a neat idea and I wouldn’t tell anyone not to get it, just realize there may be aspects that might not meet your expectations if you have certain ideas.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back