Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

Apparently it needs to stay open for the most part. How unfortunate. Still waiting on mine to come in. You'd think they would have figured out a more durable material with 40+ years of advancements in technology since the original Stretch Armstrong came out.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210506-024302_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210506-024302_Samsung Internet.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 119
Apparently it needs to stay open for the most part. How unfortunate. Still waiting on mine to come in. You'd think they would have figured out a more durable material with 40+ years of advancements in technology since the original Stretch Armstrong came out.

the mouth can be closed completely so no teeth show.

They should have just designed the mouth to be permanently open if they knew full well that could happen. Or add a bit of loose skin so it won't be as stretched when the mouth is closed.

I do love hot toys but they absolutely suck at rubber. Surely by now they could have made things work. As soon as I saw the advertisement for thier Grogu I knew this would happen. They make stuff that really makes my mouth water but damned if I'd spend my hard earned cash on something that just breaks. :(

Ben

Got mine in from Noble Knights today! I gotta ask, do y’all snip the stitching on the sides of each arm to free up the collar?
Are you talking about the Sideshow/Legacy version? I snipped the threads but you need to replace the stitches in the same location at the shoulder. If you don’t, it releases a bunch of extra material between the shoulder and the sleeve an the sleeves will droop/hang down.

original stitches removed:

d222fb91-68fe-4635-bdd4-13f59d3e5da7-jpeg.jpg

new stitch in place.

504b9a17-7945-4374-a1a4-b1499c70c0e2-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Any rubber or pleather I have from hot toys have remained intact for years but I use measures to insure humidity does not affect them during the summer I use a dehumidifier and have never had an issue they are all in my basement and in nyc. I’ve seen collectors in high humid countries have issues

Looks great! Did you modify his neck/head at all? Mine will be coming next week, and I’ll start working on the modifications next weekend. I think I want to modify his head as well, as I don’t want him permanently looking up.

It’s on the ball joint of the doll body now so it can tilt and look down a bit more, it just friction fit on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back