Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

Come back to look at those photos every few hours. It’s gonna be a hard few months waiting for this thing! Haha

Never ordered from Sideshow before, do they generally stick to their estimated release dates pretty well? I see a lot of folks mentioning Hot Toys are inconsistent with theirs. Is that true? Totally outside of that area of the collecting world.

Sideshow is pretty decent with their release dates. Hot Toys is another story, I know people that waited on AoU Hulkbuster that was two years past it’s due date.

Both are generally on time - at least with respect to Star Wars merchandise. However sideshow and sometimes hot toys have discrepancies between the initial sample and the final product. Sometimes there are delays, but that’s when hot toys displays a figure for a comic con but doesn’t confirm a release date. Once they indicate a release date they’re generally on time at least for Star Wars.

Hot toys painting and sculpts are generally light years ahead of sideshow. However, if the original creators of baby Yoda are really working on sideshow’s (and not hot toys) product, then sideshow’s should be more accurate.

Come back to look at those photos every few hours. It’s gonna be a hard few months waiting for this thing! Haha

Never ordered from Sideshow before, do they generally stick to their estimated release dates pretty well? I see a lot of folks mentioning Hot Toys are inconsistent with theirs. Is that true? Totally outside of that area of the collecting world.

Last edited:
IMG_1992.JPG

How many do you all think “limited” is? There has to be a ceiling. ... also, how well does sideshow match prototypes? Are they pretty consistent? Because that prototype is INCREDIBLE and AWESOME!!!:eek:

From experience what you see in prototype pictures is Nothing like what you will receive. Oh don't get me wrong, it will be from the same molds etc but it will be painted and finished by a small one eyed child with a candle for lighting and half a potato for a paintbrush.
Have not bought anything from them for maybe 10 years for this very reason.

If you're happy with "average" go for it.

In my personal experiences with Sideshow Collectibles, the shipped products look very good. I have numerous products by them, from three life-size figures, to basically every other scale. The Child was an easy purchase for me. Of course, no mass-produced item will ever compare to small-edition sized, custom-made pieces, but I'm confident this will ship looking excellent. Also, I saw another member mention that he prefers statues over figures, as do I, so I'm thrilled with this release.

From experience what you see in prototype pictures is Nothing like what you will receive. Oh don't get me wrong, it will be from the same molds etc but it will be painted and finished by a small one eyed child with a candle for lighting and half a potato for a paintbrush.
Have not bought anything from them for maybe 10 years for this very reason.

If you're happy with "average" go for it.
That is the EXACT opposite of my experience with Sideshow.

That is the EXACT opposite of my experience with Sideshow.

Mine as well. My new 1/6 Jabba looks as good, if not better than the prototype pics as did the first version. 1/6 Taun Taun, HIC, 1/4 Boba etc. all excellent.

1/1 T-800 noggin was perfect.

I have to say the 1/1 Salacious did look a little different, less hair, etc. but I loved it and miss my guy badly.

I will say their Life Size HIC and Boba did not look as good as the prototype pics based on ones shown here but I have been happy.

The 1/1 Endoskeleton is on my lotto list.

i have a small bit of info to share, i sent a msg to sideshow to ask how many pieces were going to be made, being a limited edition,

(Thank you for contacting Sideshow Support.

At this time, we have not yet been provided with an edition size for The Child, and have not been informed how many will be made. With that said, we do not yet have an indication that he is low in stock at this time. )

so without putting an actual number out, does that mean legacy is guaging what the preorder size is first, obviously legacys tooling\moulds are being utillised here, does that mean they themselves are doing the painting inhouse too,
im guessing it makes sense, because if legacy is doing this themselves, maybe exclusively for Sideshow i dont know, they wont want to do 1000's of baby yoda, if only 100's are ordered? or maybe the other way round, more orders than yodas, they wont want to upset the fanbase would they

Last edited:
Listening to the livestream, it looks like the Hot Toys version will be articulated but without collaboration with Legacy Effects.
So, Sideshow (lineage/accurate) vs. Hot Toys (articulated)

I'm not really a fan of an articulated toys, more of a busts/statue fan. So I'd stick with the Sideshow one even after seeing what the Hot Toys one is like. It's the same reason I got the Sideshow Baby Groot over the Hot Toys.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back