Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

The seam on the hot toys one to change the ears for expressions ruins it for me. The seam at the wrist is covered by the cloak, bur the ears really detract from the look in my opinion. I'll stick with my statue pre-order.
This is generally why I'm not a collector of toys. The visible points of articulation. Baby Yoda's good as much of it covered by cloth. Posability is neat, but give my a solid statue any day.

I had to pick one so I went with the HT version. The poseability was what I was looking for.

I‘m not super happy with the seam around the ears, but it’s a fair trade to have them interchangeable.

I wish they would offer some additional facial expressions though...

Sean

Hot Toys version:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Credits to Joey Thye

Sideshow is just the distributor. They’re made by Legacy Effects. The fact that they made the one used in the show and that they use the original molds really sells it for me.

From what has been discussed on the Freaks board, Legacy Effects only made the proto, the statue itself will be made by Sideshow.

Personally I like the Mandalorian series but have no interest in buying anything from the show, maybe the 1/6 baby Yoda that comes with Mando, if I can get it separately for a good price. Anyway from the two life-size prototypes I prefer the Sideshow one, as in my eyes looks closer to the screen used puppet (though there are minor inaccuracies), but in the end all depends on the production and how well both the Hot Toys and Sideshow finished products will look like.

yeah. I agree. That has always been the issue with sideshow products: the final product’s paint job is nowhere near the prototype’s. OTOH, hot toys generally has a better record with consistency between prototype and the final product.
I was reading the comments on sideshowfreaks and there were similar concerns voiced there. Apparently legacy effects and sideshow have done collaborative efforts in the past, but with mixed results. Legacy effects only produces the prototype with sideshow handling the mass production.

that being said, I find both the legacy/SS and hot toys to be accurate. What the final product looks like is another deal all together. I’m betting both of them won’t look nearly as nice as the prototypes.

I’m worried about what they’ll actually deliver. I would say that, generally speaking, HT has a little better reputation delivering a final product more akin to the prototype than SS...?

The SS prop looks terrific, but I’m afraid they can’t replicate that on a big scale.

If I knew HT was making one before Sideshow announced there's, I would had waited for HT
Cause I like to pose or play with my figures. Not really into none possible figures
But my only issue with HT are the Ear seam lines, they are noticeable and can be a eye sour
And I understand one interesting thing of baby Yoda was his moving ears. But just wish they left ears alone or included a extra head sculpt with the ears in a different pose and a different face expression
And I also made the eyes movable, like some of their 1/6 scale figures

That being said, I still cant wait for Sideshows. still looks very awesome. and a bit better than HT.
And when HT Yoda is released, I might buy him too. Its about a year away, gives me time to save for HT version

But does anybody know who makes that carrying bag or custom made? The bag used in the HT Child pics.
the carry bag looks pretty cool but can be easly custom made. Just add some random gibblies on a cheap blank carrying bag

MRbAbOHW_o.jpg

Got an email this evening saying the price is going up for all future orders! If you preordered you’re locked in at $350, but all future orders are $375.

I also noticed they changed the estimated arrival from Aug-Oct 2020 to Aug (2020)-Jan 2021. Which is understandable considering the state of the world at the moment. Just something to note.

Got an email this evening saying the price is going up for all future orders! If you preordered you’re locked in at $350, but all future orders are $375.

I also noticed they changed the estimated arrival from Aug-Oct 2020 to Aug (2020)-Jan 2021. Which is understandable considering the state of the world at the moment. Just something to note.
Hello,

I got the same message. Mine is still scheduled for « Est. Arrival: Aug 2020 - Oct 2020 ». If I understand the FAQ correctly I think it depends on the position of your pre-order in the queue.

I appreciate the update. :)

Even the 25 dollar increase isn’t bad for the product. Well at least I don’t think so

Oooh... This is challenging. I like the added articulation of the Hot Toys one but the facial expression on the Sideshow one is so perfect. Really captures the character.

Hmmm - Tough deceision.
Steve

Keep in mind that the Sideshow version’s picture is a prototype, which is actually a copy of the silicone puppet from the show. The final product may not look as good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back