Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

s-l300.jpg

Preordered.
Being only $350 for a 1:1!?! I couldn't pass it up. With it being Sideshow... I don't know how this isn't $500 or higher.

For those who are concerned & new to Sideshow... I have a number of their pieces, & their statues hold up pretty good. & with them partnering with Legacy Effects & this being a limited edition piece (beware on this, however, SS "limiteds" can be limited to 1 for everyone on the planet, OR it can actually be limited to just a few hundred)? This could very easily be one of those "Holy cow! You have one of THOSE?!?" type pieces in the the very near future. & their alien pieces tend to be pretty good too.

Kinda like my beloved 1/1 Salacious B. Crumb. They had a few problems with them. But wow!!!

I had to sell mine, then they went through the roof and now I will likely never get him back. Really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit-research if other online stores have payment plans besides SC

last night I thought baby yoda was only going to be sold exclusively at Sideshow and was limited
but now other online stores are taking preorders

For you guys whom haven't ordered or are on the fence, I would look into other retailers besides Sideshow
cause you may save on shipping, example BBTS and maybe pay no sales taxes.

two weeks ago I ordered the EFx Boba Fett helmet from SecretCompassonline
and only paid $369.99, free shipping and paid no sales tax. SCO is based in Colorado and I live California, for sale tax reference

Ordering baby Yoda from Sideshow, I have to pay about $30 in sales tax and they don't have a shipping quote yet, but I'm guessing could be more than $30. Cause when I ordered, 1/6 scale Guardians of the Galaxy Stan Lee by Hot Toys, from Sideshow I paid around $25 shipping.

so, hope this helps some of guys, save some Mando bucks

Last edited:
To me the biggest positive to ordering from Sideshow was the payment plan, do other places offer that?

I don't know. I been very fortunate to have the cash so, I never looked into payment plans at Sideshow or other stores

All I can say is do research if other online stores have payment plans besides SideshowCollectables

I've never been into owning character replicas, but I'm all in for this little guy. I'd have coughed up the whole amount without a second thought if it'd been necessary, but the payment plan was definitely attractive (and changed my fiancee's interest level from "Hmmm..." to "So are we getting one?!) LOL :)

Feel sore for those who preordered the very limited run in the project run section
Well, being the maker behind that run, it's 2 very different things. The Sideshow statue - which I also ordered because it looks great, and of course, its using the original assets - is resin and plastic, and not articulated. It's a great piece to be sure, but the one we're making is jointed, made in platinum silicon, and handcrafted, not manufactured in a factory in China. Don't be so quick to judge us small-time makers, man.

edit-research if other online stores have payment plans besides SC

last night I thought baby yoda was only going to be sold exclusively at Sideshow and was limited
but now other online stores are taking preorders

For you guys whom haven't ordered or are on the fence, I would look into other retailers besides Sideshow
cause you may save on shipping, example BBTS and maybe pay no sales taxes.

two weeks ago I ordered the EFx Boba Fett helmet from SecretCompassonline
and only paid $369.99, free shipping and paid no sales tax. SCO is based in Colorado and I live California, for sale tax reference

Ordering baby Yoda from Sideshow, I have to pay about $30 in sales tax and they don't have a shipping quote yet, but I'm guessing could be more than $30. Cause when I ordered, 1/6 scale Guardians of the Galaxy Stan Lee by Hot Toys, from Sideshow I paid around $25 shipping.

so, hope this helps some of guys, save some Mando bucks
Secret Compass is a good option. No tax and free shipping. I ended up creating a new Sideshow account to save the $15 on signup.

It may be a knee jerk reaction. However, if hot toys has a license to produce a 1:1 baby Yoda, I don’t see why they wouldn’t mass market it. It’s guaranteed to sell, and honestly their sculpts and paint jobs are better than sideshow’s. Also got toys us generally done a good job on figures with rooted hair or fur, like Chewbacca. The other stuff that they didn’t follow through on probably weren’t attracting sufficient interest to mass market.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say their sculpts and paint jobs are better, especially as of late (I'm looking at you End Game Hulk, TROS Rey and Kylo). Not to say SS is always a home run, but neither is HT. I'm a massive fan of both companies, but I truly don't see HT making a "better" one, especially given SS partnered with Legacy on this. I mean it'll probably have some articulation, but I'd rather have the accuracy and linage of the SS Child.

I have the Hot Toys 1:1 Infinity Gauntlet and that's incredible. I will stick with the Sideshow/Legacy piece because I prefer statues over figures but if Hot Toys is in the same price range I may just buy both!

Yeah, I think I'm in the same boat. Worst case I have one for my home and work office. Also have the HT 1:1 Gauntlet, it's incredibly impressive and easily my favorite piece.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back