Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

Given that they haven't said anything about articulation or the knob being removable from his hand, I would have to guess no...

And while it looks fantastic, it's a pass for me...

Here's hoping Hot Toys delivers a more posable version...

Sean

I'd also imagine a HotToys one would cost more than $350. Ive seen the baby Groot for $500+, cant find the original price.

I agree, I also wouldn't expect it released till around Q4 of 2021 given HT's release record. Hopefully we'll at the least get a prototype soon.

Haha, quick guys we must post something! Anything!..
View attachment 1252825
By the time the HT preorder is up and then released 1-2 years later he might have grown up or got some real swag clothing in seasons 2,3...etc
ht&ss.jpg

Unless Hot Toys collaborates with Legacy Effects, it won't match the sculpt of Sideshow because Sideshow received its assets directly from LE.
As for the paint job, I have no clue which company's will be better.

Has HotToys every done something with real hair? I think their hair is always part of the sculpt..

Has HotToys every done something with real hair? I think their hair is always part of the sculpt..

They have some figures with synthetic hair. I have one (JLA Wonder Woman) and can say it's a fantastic figure. And I usually shy away from non molded hair on their figures.

Wonder-Woman-Justice-League-Hot-Toy-2.jpg

I told my daughter I’d buy her baby Yoda and then showed her this photo. She was not amused.

My god... what is this monstrosity? I saw one of these on ebay recently, got a good laugh out of it but I'm really curious wtf that is lol
It may be a knee jerk reaction. However, if hot toys has a license to produce a 1:1 baby Yoda, I don’t see why they wouldn’t mass market it. It’s guaranteed to sell, and honestly their sculpts and paint jobs are better than sideshow’s. The other stuff that they didn’t follow through on probably weren’t attracting sufficient interest to mass market.

Oh I remember that. Chewie was horrible. They did a pretty nice Jabba maquette too. I don't think those deteriorated as fast as Yoda did. They had a Vader reveal/Anakin bust. I had one, purchased second hand, but wasn't as nice as the promotional pics led me to believe so I got rid of it.
Sorry to digress.........

Interesting! I guess this is from Illusive Concepts too?

View attachment 1252962

Come back to look at those photos every few hours. It’s gonna be a hard few months waiting for this thing! Haha

Never ordered from Sideshow before, do they generally stick to their estimated release dates pretty well? I see a lot of folks mentioning Hot Toys are inconsistent with theirs. Is that true? Totally outside of that area of the collecting world.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back