Sideshow Iron Man Life Size Bust **Now with Video**

couple of questions, is it full size? nobody has said yet.

also the metal neck pieces on the front, are they painted resin now instead of machined pieces on the proto?

z

I just got mine as well. They still claim it's 1:1...it looks a little small to me. The front collar bones are painted resin, not metal. Honestly, it is not worth $699. If i paid $499 I would have been a lot happier. Mine actually has a scratch right on the nose & also the right side of the forehead has a "dent" in the resin. I will be sending mine back,hopefully for a replacement. It's a great looking piece, but it deff was not priced right.

-Robb

Sideshow reward points. I got $300 off when I bought my 1:1 Endoskeleton.

@tubachris85x, about that plaque thing.. Sideshow said that they removed it, pretty much everyone knew about it.

Yep, you nailed it, I used the points from my 1:1 endo!

Happy days!

I just got mine as well. They still claim it's 1:1...it looks a little small to me. The front collar bones are painted resin, not metal. Honestly, it is not worth $699. If i paid $499 I would have been a lot happier. Mine actually has a scratch right on the nose & also the right side of the forehead has a "dent" in the resin. I will be sending mine back,hopefully for a replacement. It's a great looking piece, but it deff was not priced right.

-Robb

Sorry to hear that about your bust, hope they get it sorted.

i thought this delay was to get it right?

looks like they didnt. how can thier qc let these go out the door in that state.

sideshow used to piss all over MR now they are about equal in terms of shoddy workmanship.

z

I honestly think it's 1:1 Robert Downey Jr. is between 5'4" and 5'6" (from reports). I've seen the real armor at Comicon and photographed it up close, it looked small/short and was on a raised base 1-2" off the ground. I'm 5'10" and my head would fit in the Sideshow bust (but it would be tight).

On value...if you're lucky to get one of these with no damage. I think you'll be very happy with the piece. It's really cool, mine is on my desk at work and everyone here loves it. Now, I think the price tag is a bit steep for the paint job, quality control issues, and finishing work on some areas (including the base) that made the prototype look better than what we're getting. All that said, I don't regret buying it at all.

It was mastered at Stan Winston Studios (which no longer exists) from studio molds of the real suit, it's an incredible design, no one has made a replica that accurately captures the shape, expression, and character we see on screen yet (perhaps someone will eventually now that this can be closely studies). All that makes me very happy to own this piece.

I agree, if it was $499 it would be perfect.

opened mine up yesterday - the paint is perfect. (thank goodness)

there is a small indent in the faceshell on the right side near the right eye. It's not the worst, and it's not noticeable from even a foot away.. so I'm going to keep it.

I doubt anyone but me will get close enough to see what the bust smells like. :lol

Yup, I'm also 5'6" and I think my head could fit in the helmet. It is 1:1 in my book.

I had access to the Stan Winston Iroman suit shown in the Hasbro section (thanks Daryl) and the Sideshow bust (before the glass was put over it) before the show even opened, both shown at SDCC ... and in my opinion they are the EXACT same size...

I think what the problem here is we are all under the perception that this helmet is bigger in our minds eye than what we think....I was completely floored on how small they Both were....amazed really.

IMO, I think the scale is perfect..relatively speaking.:thumbsup.

I've heard rumours that there's a video of an unhappy Sideshow customer who, out of frustration, dropped his bust from the the roof of an apartment building... is there any truth to that?

I've heard rumours that there's a video of an unhappy Sideshow customer who, out of frustration, dropped his bust from the the roof of an apartment building... is there any truth to that?

It was a fake video. Along the lines of the "girlfriend that destroyed her boyfriends SideShow 1:4 scale Speederbike".

The jist of it is, is that if you receive an item from Sideshow that is broken or has problems, instead of them paying to ship it back they request photos of the item destroyed before they will ship you out a new item. So idiots think it's fun to post videos of them breaking these $500+ items and tag it the videos as being such.

There was a video over at The Import Forums a wee while back of one of the members dropping his IM bust from a rooftop after SS asked him to destroy it. So there is defo a legit vidoe somewhere...I just couldn't find it!

EDIT: Found it.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsrNYZgD29s

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back