Showoff Your Hellboy Props!

Re: Showoff Your Hellboy Props!

First time sculpting clay in over 16 years..attempting to re-create Russian Corpse Guy to go with my Hellboy Cosplay outfit this May! Of course I may need tips from the sculpting threads for actually making it into something lighter I can carry around! I got the resin teeth from Ebay, although I was slightly tempted to steal my Gran's dentures...
hellboy_corpseguy_progress_sml.jpg

Sweet :) My hubby just bought me the sideshow Samaritan and Big Baby...STILL having to make prop ones myself for my costume as the BB is too freaking heavy to handle LOL..but that really is amazing work..what did you make it from out of interest?!

Tell me about it. I love that prop. I was looking at getting one made up for myself and I found a member here that almost took on the task but backed out. I think he either got a bit daunted by the challenge or just too busy.

:cry

If anyone would like to take on the commission I'd be happy to share all my reference pics and talk costs.

Oh my freaking Gods that is a beautiful sight! We have only just been discussing making the Troll finder goggles..thanks for the AMAZING pictures!!

Love the updates on this thread...cracking stuff.

ill add some bits to the thread ...goes off to take pics.

cheers

null_zps0e806702.jpg

Production used butcher guard mask

null_zps1308f7d0.jpg

interior showing the actors headpiece that has a nice chinstrap as well

Right hand of doom
null_zpsac6bbf30.jpg

left hand
null_zps4edc92e5.jpg

cheers

Attachments

• null_zps0e806702.jpg
    null_zps0e806702.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 109

Thought I would share my mostly finished Hellboy costume. This was the second version, and third and final version will be showcased at MCM Expo next October in London... I will be after a professional prosthetic, re-model the lightweight Big Baby and make a light weight Samaritan as the sideshow one weighs a bloody ton! juliemorrisroe_hellboy_cosplay2013.jpgjuliemorrisroe_hellboy_cosplay2013_2.jpg

All this stuff looks amazing! One question though, since I'm new to prop making/collecting, where do you guys find the screen-used props like Prof. Broom's tarot cards or Kroenen and Ilsa's costumes?

I can move the wrist on the light up version I made, left, right, up, down and rotate, but it remains a fist. Thinking about building an articulating one someday.

I built a Hand of Doom out of styrofoam in high school. It was wearable, but entirely static, with a relaxed open palm. The phalanges eventually began to fall off. I wasn't satisfied enough with it overall to bother repairing the fingers. I'll just have to build a better one some day.

Lots of cool Hellboy props in this thread.
Here's one of mine. Made it for Fan Expo (Toronto 2013)
Ivan the corpse was a bit of a rush job so his
outfit isn't accurate. Eventually he'll get the right outfit.

Attachments

• ivan.side.jpg
    ivan.side.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 139
  • ivan.side3.jpg
    ivan.side3.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 121
  • ivan.side2.jpg
    ivan.side2.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 134
  • ivan.front.jpg
    ivan.front.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 119

ivanside_zpsd2fbdad9.jpg

ivanfront_zps924b052e.jpg

ivanside2_zpsa3d8b781.jpg

ivanside3_zps5f41a0aa.jpg

I though I would reformat them for you as they are really amazing.

Did you sculpt the teeth as well>?

great stuff, I love it

Thank you for straightening up the pics. This was my 1st time posting pictures, anywhere.
Yes the teeth were sculpted. When I make another one I'll be adding some teeth
so they'll be visible through the hole in his cheek.
Thanks again.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back