Showoff: WORLD'S 1ST Titanium Luke ROTJ Lightsaber

Hey, thanks for all the added great compliments from everyone. Out of galaxy? If there's any material that should be used in the Star Wars "Real world galaxy", titanium will be it. Titanium has that lustrous shine to the metal that no other metal has. The colour of the metal is extraodinary. It is also highly resistance to any form of chemicals or elements. I think it is a non reactive metal on the periodic table. It won't oxidise like aluminium, brass and sometimes even stainless steel.

If anyone need pics of any other angle of the saber, let me know and I'll post them. Thanks, chen. :)

Man that's beautiful. I love these types of projects when members dig a particular prop so much that they go to these lengths to own the ULTIMATE version.
Absolutely amazing.
You should make a stunt blade with the green 3m reflective tape wrapped around it. That would look awesome.

-Rabittooth

I just wanted to say that I've never like Lukes RotJ lightsaber (personally opinion nothing against people who do) and yet that is possibly the most beatiful saber I've ever seen.

Originally posted by 5postboy@Nov 10 2005, 11:52 AM
Hey, thanks for all the added great compliments from everyone. Out of galaxy? If there's any material that should be used in the Star Wars "Real world galaxy", titanium will be it.
You know what? I've been idle-thinking about how Obi-Wan's ROTS saber falls from such an unbelievable height, and lands in one piece. Indeed, only titanium has a chance of doing that. SS would mold like butter, and aluminum might not even survive the friction from impacting winds.

If they ever invent real lightsabers, anything other than titanium would be insufficient.

Titanium has that lustrous shine to the metal that no other metal has. The colour of the metal is extraodinary. It is also highly resistance to any form of chemicals or elements. I think it is a non reactive metal on the periodic table. It won't oxidise like aluminium, brass and sometimes even stainless steel.
I can't say I like the color that much, but it does catch the eye. As for corrosion resistance, it is less corrodable than silver. And I'm not sure if SS could ever oxidize because I'm under the impression that oxidation only happens in low humidity gases, and certain grades of SS, commonly, corrode in chloride-containing solutions (submerged).

I'd love to have a titanium Anakin AOTC. :)

Thanks again guys for the praises. Imperious, I believe the stainless steel that United Cutlery uses would oxidise and form elements caused by sweat when we handle them without gloves. I have a friend who has a UC frodo sword and it was handled with bare hands and left displayed on the wall. Few months later it oxidised and formed rust spots.

They were removed easily with brasso polisher leaving no trace of rust but the fact is that they do form rust on certain SS. Titanium on the other hand would not even if left in the open or so they say....

If anyone wants to know more about titanium grades and the likes, do let me know. I would expect to see more Ti sabers or props in the future for showing off....I hope this was an inspiration to all that it's doable if you have the dedication and of course the $$$$s...Thanks, chen.

Simply great.

Especially the light up LEDs: I've seen people w/ hollowed out control boxes before,
but none lit up.

Awesome.

that Rocks. very nice..

I think Mark (viper) make one a long time ago that he had LED's that lit up. However, this tsurely takes the cake.

There was a question about how the batt are changed. I use a single 23 AE, A23, V23GA or MN21( Depending on what's it called in your state) 12 volt batt. Small enough for the batt holder to fit into the hole. Thanks, chen.

titaniumluke159np.jpg

I would rather sell a Luke hero saber at a garage sale for 50.00 than own one, but this saber is the shiz. Since I bumped it I can look at it for another two months before having to bump it again. I know 5post sold this on ebay, did no one here win it? It was priced pretty steep but I know it would have been worth it.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back