Showoff - Batteries Not Included WHEEMS

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Got this little guy as a rough kit a few months back and finally got around to finishing him. Batteries Not Included is a great movie if you've never seen it i highly reccomend it. Anyway, here he is, sorry for the bad pics, camera doesnt focus well within a few feet. I have yet to do the decals on him with barcodes adn words from the pieces of metal he's supposed to be made from, but Ill do that once i get inkjet decal paper. Then made the little display base from bondo and tiles from a random craft store,weathered up a bit and thats that. Had planned to put in some LEDs to light up his marble eyes (was fun dremeling out enough to fit those in there) but it didnt work out, later Im going to finish up a second rougher kit into him compact with his legs up, and probably try the LEDs on that. Thanks for looking.

wheems_cap.jpg

wheems1-3.jpg

wheems1-2.jpg

wheems1.jpg

wheems2.jpg

wheems3.jpg

wheems4.jpg

I love it..... and I can't wait to see the finished job.
It would be really cute to have Flotsam and Jetsam and the little one's (can't remember their names) all together.

I am kicking myself really hard now as I was offered a very rough kit a long while ago and passed up on it :cry .

Please keep us updated on this build....and oh yeah,get a better camera. :p

Very nice. I love Batteries not included. Haven't seen it for years...any info on the kit?Is it cast from an original or anything?

Looks great.

Lewis

Thanks :) Not sure the origins of the kit, a few details, mostly the legs,seem a bit different from the original, but otherwise its very close.

Kylash327... I've pm'd you a link to a nice picture of your guy that might help with some details.

I would have posted it here, but I don't know whos banned and who aint.:/

Originally posted by Rebo@Dec 18 2005, 12:24 AM
Kylash327... I've pm'd you a link to a nice picture of your guy that might help with some details.

I would have posted it here, but I don't know whos banned and who aint.:/
[snapback]1138284[/snapback]​

Thanks much, thats actually the picture I used for alot of reference and deciding what details were off, but thanks much :)

I am glad you did that kit justice. I would never have gotten around to finishing it. It came out great. Nice work :)

Hey Nice job.

If you could pass along the photo that you used for reference that would be great cuz I got 2 of these kits and I got to build one. If anybody wants one of these kits PM me and we could do some sort of trade. These kits are really rough so you do have some work ahead.

Originally posted by kdawg1@Dec 18 2005, 06:02 AM
Hey Nice job.

If you could pass along the photo that you used for reference that would be great cuz I got 2 of these kits and I got to build one. If anybody wants one of these kits PM me and we could do some sort of trade. These kits are really rough so you do have some work ahead.
[snapback]1138459[/snapback]​

yeah, i had to do a bit of sanding and resculpting stuff, but for such an obscure prop and little known movie, its a damn good replica.

i have one of these kits,Always had a sof spot for "baby wheems" but better still, we have all three, and i believe mother at Planet Hollywood in Orlando..i took pics but i dont have a scanner...
William

Originally posted by Kylash327@Dec 24 2005, 04:45 AM
do you have pics of the other two babies? Would love to find kits of them too.
[snapback]1142765[/snapback]​

This is the only picture of the whole family I can source.

BNI.jpg

Thanks wackychimp

Sorry for the bump, but just wanted to know if you made any more progress with the little guy?.

Any more pictures?. :)

well like i said, hes basically done, i just need to do the decals of the barcodes and stuff,waiting to get a new power source for my printed, then ill probably get some decal paper and give it a go,no better pictures im afraid, not till i get a better camera, those are the best i can do =\

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back