Showoff - Batteries Not Included WHEEMS

I have a couple real bad resin casts of a 1:1 scale garage kit someone produced a while back. I just moved so they are packed up. as soon as i find them ill take some pics. The castings are terribly bubbly. I was going to fix them but I started noticing a bunch of inaccuracies to the screen used models. It may be better to start from scratch and build one if you're looking for a screen accurate one.

Last edited:
Thanks Edward. I just bought a resin cast of the Japanese garage kit and a kit from goldenarmor. I would like to model it in CAD and 3d print one for molding. Anything helps at this point.

Thanks Edward. I just bought a resin cast of the Japanese garage kit and a kit from goldenarmor. I would like to model it in CAD and 3d print one for molding. Anything helps at this point.

:facepalm You bought from Golden Armor? He is a known recaster and knowingly buying from a recaster is bad form :facepalm
I can pretty much assume you knew he was a recaster as you did write above: " I came across goldenarmor.com, but also came across some negative feedback on here"
which leads me to believe you saw that he was a recaster. Ordering from these guys only help them continue to rip artists off.

Fair enough Moviefreak. I get your point and do not want to promote recasting. It is my understanding that this is the closest item to the actual prop and I would like to use if as reference. I have been unable to find another source and am hoping this will help towards achieving the bigger goal of a movie accurate model for my collection and I am more than happy to share with the community. I obviously did not intend on offending anyone.

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted tho show off a new sculpture I've been working on.
It's not necessarily "studio accurate" more like "inspired by" but it is about the same size as the movie prop.
Basically it's an artists rendition of Wheems. I'm offering them made to order. :)
Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

wheems01.jpg

wheems02.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted tho show off a new sculpture I've been working on.
It's not necessarily "studio accurate" more like "inspired by" but it is about the same size as the movie prop.
Basically it's an artists rendition of Wheems. I'm offering them made to order. :)
Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

View attachment 409342

View attachment 409343

I saw these while I wS doing some research. Great job! They really capture the essence of the character.

He's awesome Tek2. Great job.

I love Batteries Not Included. The only thing I have trouble with watching is now that Jessica Tandy and Hume Cronyn remind me way too much of my late grandparents. It's swear it was them except for the little robots flying around.

Thanks...
Yes, watching them if films reminds me of my childhood. They worked great together. :)

He's awesome Tek2. Great job.

I love Batteries Not Included. The only thing I have trouble with watching is now that Jessica Tandy and Hume Cronyn remind me way too much of my late grandparents. It's swear it was them except for the little robots flying around.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back