Show your Dr. Who props!

How much did it cost to make?? It a really nice ring. Are you sure it the same amber as Rowleys used custom amber stones and have very little left. I am having a ring made to wear with my wedding ring by Rowleys who made Peter Capaldi's ring....When I have it I will show you the stone.....

The ring cost $90 and the stone is green amber like Capaldi's and certainly looks the same in the pics I have but I can't say they came from the same place. I assume my stone looks larger because my ring size is smaller that his. In relation to my hand and sonic it seems spot on.

Hi people I'm new here. We are the original makers of Peter's ring.
See our blog on www.rowleysgifts.co.uk
Assuming imitation is the sincerest form of flattery well we thank you for your interest. It was very sweet of your friend to make you your ring.

We are available to make custom made rings to suit you personally. It has been a pleasure helping Thorneyboy!

We can assure you no one except us knows the true source of any of the materials & stone used in the original. Keep in contact to hear our news when we decide to produce replicas.

Please help us keep an eye out for any mass producing of rings which will be counterfeit as there are as yet no officially approved replicas.
All the best from Rowleys the jewellers in Penarth, Wales UK
info@rowleysgifts.com

I'm very glad to hear you are considering making replicas of this ring. Naturally having one by the original maker would be ideal. I look forward to more news as and when you have it.

Hi people I'm new here. We are the original makers of Peter's ring.
See our blog on www.rowleysgifts.co.uk
Assuming imitation is the sincerest form of flattery well we thank you for your interest. It was very sweet of your friend to make you your ring.

We are available to make custom made rings to suit you personally. It has been a pleasure helping Thorneyboy!

We can assure you no one except us knows the true source of any of the materials & stone used in the original. Keep in contact to hear our news when we decide to produce replicas.

Please help us keep an eye out for any mass producing of rings which will be counterfeit as there are as yet no officially approved replicas.
All the best from Rowleys the jewellers in Penarth, Wales UK
info@rowleysgifts.com

There you have it ladies and gents, from the bespoke jewellers themselves.

I echo their words in saying that the pleasure has been all mine. From the initial query through to the consultation and design it has been an absolute joy working with Rowleys. I really cannot wait to receive my ring from them and will be honoured to show you all how they designed the ring to fit around my own wedding ring. They truly are Artisan Craftsman and I guarantee you that any ring you get from them will be outstanding...

The ring cost $90 and the stone is green amber like Capaldi's and certainly looks the same in the pics I have but I can't say they came from the same place. I assume my stone looks larger because my ring size is smaller that his. In relation to my hand and sonic it seems spot on.

Could you please provide contact info? That's the only missing piece to my 12th doctor ensemble. I'd like to have one made. Thanks in advance friend.

I just completed some finishing touches to a couple sonic screwdrivers in my collection, both made by RB Replicas and modified by myself and the body and emitter detailing on the early era Pertwee were done by Straker.

Basically, I wanted the Pertwee era sonics to look more accurate and to do this I needed the emitter rings to rest as close as they could to the collar. So I filed down the "neck bullet" so the collar could rest higher.

Pertwee-01-Neck-Bullet-Small2_zps4f44f3d3.jpg

As you can see in the pic below, when in the non-activation resting the sonics now look as Pertwee's did. For the Early Era Pertwee sonic (the colorful one) the emitter ring should really be separated by a small peg between the ring and neck bullet but as yet I don't have the parts needed for that and with only having the one neck bullet I didn't want to take the chance of messing it up. So until I can get spare parts I'll leave it as it is for now.
For the Late Era Pertwee sonic (the bare metal), Pertwee changed the way he used the prop. He no longer pulled the activation collar down, instead he would twist the handle's base (or pretends to) and then just point the sonic or touch it to something. So since we never got to see how the emitter ring was suspended on that sonic, I am not too concerned about correcting that one to rest on a peg. Although it probably did, but since we didn't see it I'll leave it be as I feel this is more stable.

Pertwee-01-Neck-Bullet-Small_zpsa1a0f8fd.jpg

And one of the two sonics finished. I chose to paint the bottom ring on the Late Era Pertwee Sonic black even though we never really get a good look at it - aside from one shot in "Frontier in Space" where it does appear to be black but I believe that is just the lighting - just to give it one more difference between the Early Era Baker sonic and itself.

Pertwee-10-finished-small_zps29cf8a07.jpg

the eleventh doctor a w SFX.jpg
(Just joined, 1st post!) I made this Tardis for a client that said they had a Dr. Who costume for their baby. It's about 5 feet tall, scaled smaller for lil kids. It's made out of housing insulation (styrofoam) scrap pieces left over from remodeling. I'm going to try and get 11 other kids for the other doctors.

When I made this i never watched Dr. Who. As a huge nerd its the only thing i never got into, there was so much to catch up on. But i started N its def a fun show. I'm going to try and make a Cyberman head for a winter snow shoot. Here are some more photos on my studio's Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152622597068396.1073741853.101083953395&type=3

Does anyone have any solid screencaps of the toy soldiers used in "Listen" (the latest episode)? I can definitely tell they were Britains, but other than that, I could use a bit more help.

Edit: This post contains no spoilers. The toy soldiers aren't really important to the plot.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any solid screencaps of the toy soldiers used in "Listen" (the latest episode)? I can definitely tell they were Britains, but other than that, I could use a bit more help.

Edit: This post contains no spoilers. The toy soldiers aren't really important to the plot.

here's a few screencaps i got hope it helps

vlcsnap-2014-09-14-10h44m55s129.pngvlcsnap-2014-09-14-10h43m41s148.pngvlcsnap-2014-09-14-10h41m55s29.pngvlcsnap-2014-09-14-10h42m34s223.png

Thank you! I've been able to identify the soldier on the left in the third screenshot as an officer from Britains Deetail World War 2 British Infantry range, produced from 1971 to 1989. Still looking for the other two figures.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back