Show your Dr. Who props!

Had some time today to finally get some shots of the current state of my collection. I have a few pieces one their way to me, on lone, or in the middle of updated/altered (such as the McCoy watch and Davison sonic in these pics) but I wanted to get some pics anyway.

Oh and yeah, I know the web shooters aren't Doctor Who but I love them so they stayed in ;)

02-IMG_6164_zps708c790b.jpg

03-IMG_6166_zps6edac897.jpg

04-IMG_6165_zps51a478ec.jpg

01-IMG_6167_zpsd6cfc6a4.jpg

This scarf was knitted for me by a friend and she did a fantastic job of it too! It's a Season 12 Scarf. The picture doesn't do it justice as you can't see it full length and the color of the photo is off. We are also adding more tassels to each side. Going for the 14 vs the 12, currently it is way under.

05-IMG_6179_zps50b25583.jpg

Thanks guys! Right now I have limited space so the scarf and umbrella can't officially be in the display, but hopefully my house will sell soon and I can have a bit more space to work with.

Really, one of the most stunning replicas of anything I've seen. :love

Thank you! :) A couple of people in our group are going to have theirs done with a slight purple tint to more closely match the screen-used prop. (Or not -- There's debate over whether the original Key to Time was coloured or not. Seems to depend on what episode you watch!)

Thank you! :) A couple of people in our group are going to have theirs done with a slight purple tint to more closely match the screen-used prop. (Or not -- There's debate over whether the original Key to Time was coloured or not. Seems to depend on what episode you watch!)
That is freaking awesome!

Did you have a build thread? I'd love to see how you did that. It's on my ever growing list of props to build before I die :D

That is freaking awesome!

Did you have a build thread? I'd love to see how you did that. It's on my ever growing list of props to build before I die :D

I started this project originally attempting to build the Key to Time myself:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/dr-who-key-time-clear-resin-cast-141203/

I got as far as making the first segment in plaster before realizing that I would never be able to achieve the quality I wanted on my own. That's when I decided to find a factory that could produce it for me. (And that in turn led to a quest to find nine other people to go in on this with me, as it was too expensive to make a single cube on its own.) Since then I've worked with the factory to get the Key to Time in the state that it is now. So honestly they deserve most of the credit! :)

I'm one of the ones with Dalex getting the KTT prop done. So of course, I needed a tracer.

20391-photo-4.jpg

Glue some buttons on a box, stick in some clear acrylic tubes. BBC FX "high tech" prop circa 1977...

20390-photo-3-1.jpg

And a pic with another model I built back in the 80s - a Sevans Dalek.
22064-photo.jpg

My next project is the OTHER key to time prop - the Perspex mockup used in the Armageddon Factor.

It's a plastic cube, with tubes and various triangles glued inside to make a "mockup" of the assembled segments.

38uyL0Buq5f3pElNLOzgbW0HcGQwUx5EYUsNqVMJPicH9yIPXHVbOZQZICG-BK60bw=w1600

I've got some tubes and acrylic sheet and have worked out the pattern of "interior sides" those triangles represent. I'm waiting on the acrylic cube itself to come in now. How it looks will depend on how clear I can get the glue/seams.

Last edited:
Got some sigs on my Dalek dome today, thought I'd share them here. Thanks to:

Nick Briggs (Voice of the Daleks)
John Leeson (Voice of K9)
Peter Davidson (5th Doctor)
Colin Baker (6th Doctor)
Sylvester McCoy (7th Doctor)
Paul McGann (8th Doctor)
Alexandra Tynan ( Designer of Cybermen)
Janet Fielding (Companion of 5th Doctor)

You wouldn't believe how happy I am!

Michael

My classic sonic and matched Tardis Key set:
21cz1tv.jpg

The 2nd Doctor penlight sonic may be getting replaced soon. I hear rumors that someone plans to replicate the original model penlight.

Regardless, this is as complete as it gets right now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back