Show your Dr. Who props!

Are you asking about my blue suit or the Judoon suit? If my blue one, Magnoli made it.
That explains why it doesn't look quite right. The blue looks too bright to me, just for a start.

Lately, Magnoli seems to not be as obsessed with accuracy as many of us are here at the RPF. His replica of Sherlock Holmes' coat from Sherlock seems to be too light, for instance. It's supposed to be 2 shades of very dark gray, so dark it often looks black, not the lighter gray Magnoli's using! :facepalm

Last edited:
Re: Show your Dr. Who props!

So you ended up with a plating method that works? Was it cheap?

No, I actually found some Yale keys that are almost completely blank already. Only thing on them is a little Y1 on one side. That's it. They came chrome plated too.

I have a Sonic screwdriver I made in a machine shop I worked in around 1984. It's a bit rusty, but I kind of like it looking well used.View attachment 176950

Nice! I do love seeing old school replicas. It's a nice little piece there.

Excellent! I especially like the glowing gun on that. Great work!

That explains why it doesn't look quite right. The blue looks too bright to me, just for a start.

Lately, Magnoli seems to not be as obsessed with accuracy as many of us are here at the RPF. His replica of Sherlock Holmes' coat from Sherlock seems to be too light, for instance. It's supposed to be 2 shades of very dark gray, so dark it often looks black, not the lighter gray Magnoli's using! :facepalm

Not to defend Magnoli, but the blue fabric is a two fold curse to reproduce. The original fabric was lighter and dyed darker for the show...and then over time it bleed out and got lighter. Some of the display pictures have been very light even.

Its one of the best alternatives out there though!

Honestly I think it's a fantastic replication. In photos it reacts just like David Tennant's. Often showing no red stripes at all and in other showing them really well. Is it as exacting as his brown is? No I don't think so, but I feel very sure it's damn close.

Finally suitable weather for painting!

shard.png

Hey Terrasolo, what's the leather cuff wristwatch thing? I've never seen seen anything like it, but it's really cool and I'd love to own one! (not the vortex manipulator, the other thing.)
-CaptainChunkyChew

Hey Terrasolo, what's the leather cuff wristwatch thing? I've never seen seen anything like it, but it's really cool and I'd love to own one! (not the vortex manipulator, the other thing.)
-CaptainChunkyChew

They're Amazing Spider-Man Web-Shooters. Markpoon here on the RPF makes them. And they are awesome!

If it is officially licensed, I fear the BBC may insist their logo and copyright details are printed on it. Can Entertainment Earth confirm this or not?

I bought an illustrated unofficial replica of River's journal, a blank pages unofficial replica of The Doctor's journal, and a couple of Melody Malone replica dime novels from this craftswoman in London - http://thesconesofblood.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Last edited:

It's not bound properly, but for the money it looks pretty good. Definitely made like the S4 prop with a leather-textured paper instead of real leather for the covers. I might pick one up to see how close the size of mine compares.

These are just the regular CO sonics. Nothing done to them (yet!).

Kinda afrad to do anything to them though. Had this shipped from halfway across the world. Here in Asia you can't find these at retail, and collector stores are asking ridiculous prices for it. A shop quoted me $90US for the 10th Sonic + pen.

0398fffeb52b11e280ff22000a9e2923_7.jpg

These are just the regular CO sonics. Nothing done to them (yet!).

Kinda afrad to do anything to them though. Had this shipped from halfway across the world. Here in Asia you can't find these at retail, and collector stores are asking ridiculous prices for it. A shop quoted me $90US for the 10th Sonic + pen.

View attachment 181282

More than likely quoted you that unaware they have been re-issued.

A few random adds to my stuff..

-5_zps6b8ac5f1.jpg

Wow.. after posting that I really need to upgrade my iPhone. Still rocking a 3GS :p

More than likely quoted you that unaware they have been re-issued.

The problem is that they WERE selling the reissued one. the 50th aniv packing in fact.
Like I said, you can't find Who stuff at retail here, and very few people actually follow the show/even know what it is.
So the few comic shops that actually bring them in just mark up the price as it is an "exclusive import" or something.

It's much cheaper importing them myself from Amazon. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back