Show your Dr. Who props!

Re: Show your Dr. Who props!

Second, after years and years of wanting a metal replica of the Tenth Doctor's sonic, I found myself with three different version in my collection, so in an effort to make them all special and unique in a way I enlisted the help of GeneralFrosty once again to get this project finished. What we got was an "Eleventh Hour" variant of this RTD era sonic design (top).
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w128/terrasolo/11th-Hour-small_zpsce5808b2.jpg

We started with the Wand Company's Tenth Doctor Sonic Remote (bottom) and which I had previously drilled a hole in the base of the handle and had added a cut down screw head to match the on screen prop. From there GF used an airbrush to paint on the thin layer of blue paint to give it that grey blue coloring. After that we did a black wash to make the crackle finish stand out a bit more and finally a protective clear coat. This wasn't actually a variant I had originally wanted in my collection as really it was only seen in on one story with this coloring but when I realized having it unaltered in my collection seemed pointless, I left giving it it's own unique look would be wise and just help add one more variant to my collection. Funny how things like that work out. IN two days I added two sonic variants to my collection that I hadn't ever considered owning before. As for the second one, well, still some work to do on it so I'll share that later ;)

Very cool ! Be interested to know what the blue paint was that you used.

I finished a couple of projects recently, one that has been on my bench for a while now.

First is the Seventh Doctor's pocket watch from Silver Nemesis:
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w128/terrasolo/McCoy-Small_zpseb74980a.jpg

I used a 3D printed part designed by 13DoctorWho for the faceplate which fit like a glove! And then I used some metal parts from, of all things, a G.I. Joe figure for the three buttons and the top and bottom bars. I may upgrade the bars one day when I find something more to my liking but I'm very happy as it is right now. That pocket watch face was painted with Testors gloss enamel paints going by screen caps from the episode. I had to get creative with the lower half though as Sylvester covered that portion in the shots used on screen. The inside of the lid was Testor flat black. I was also able to make the lid release button still work, which I noticed they didn't do on the original since Sylvester used his thumb nail to pry it open.

Second, after years and years of wanting a metal replica of the Tenth Doctor's sonic, I found myself with three different version in my collection, so in an effort to make them all special and unique in a way I enlisted the help of GeneralFrosty once again to get this project finished. What we got was an "Eleventh Hour" variant of this RTD era sonic design (top).
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w128/terrasolo/11th-Hour-small_zpsce5808b2.jpg

We started with the Wand Company's Tenth Doctor Sonic Remote (bottom) and which I had previously drilled a hole in the base of the handle and had added a cut down screw head to match the on screen prop. From there GF used an airbrush to paint on the thin layer of blue paint to give it that grey blue coloring. After that we did a black wash to make the crackle finish stand out a bit more and finally a protective clear coat. This wasn't actually a variant I had originally wanted in my collection as really it was only seen in on one story with this coloring but when I realized having it unaltered in my collection seemed pointless, I left giving it it's own unique look would be wise and just help add one more variant to my collection. Funny how things like that work out. IN two days I added two sonic variants to my collection that I hadn't ever considered owning before. As for the second one, well, still some work to do on it so I'll share that later ;)

Well done on the watch! Having wanted one since 1988, I have tried to make one myself, at considerable expense, only to fail twice! So I am now keeping my two remaining Casio Twin Graph II and rabbit hunter pocket watches as collectors items.

Maybe one day I'll feel patient enough to give it another go.

Very cool ! Be interested to know what the blue paint was that you used.

We just went to a local craft store and found a good blue match in a cheap acrylic paint. From there GerneralFrosty mixed with up to work in an airbrush to spray on the layers until we have the right mix of blue/grey. Unfortunately, it was at his shop so I don't have the paint myself but I'll see if he can tell me which one we used.

Well done on the watch! Having wanted one since 1988, I have tried to make one myself, at considerable expense, only to fail twice! So I am now keeping my two remaining Casio Twin Graph II and rabbit hunter pocket watches as collectors items.

Maybe one day I'll feel patient enough to give it another go.

With this 3D printed part the prop was a breeze. I had a lot of work to do on it still but it was a fun project to work on. You need to make sure that if you use 13DoctorWho's face plate though that it will fit your watch. These Hunter watches come in all sorts of sizes.

here is a build up of our type 40 De-mat circuit kit

Attachments

• type 40 demat 3.jpg
    type 40 demat 3.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 166

Here's my War Sonic from Russ's recent run, many thanks to The0w3n5 for adding light to it!

photo1_zps57244ba2.jpg

photo2_zpse723af67.jpg

Also many thanks to Terrasolo for putting together this beauty with my keys!

Luke-Keys-Finished_zpsc6cda3ad.jpg

Russell sold me one of his War Doctor Sonics. I did wonder how easy it would be to break down a CO War Doctor Sonic's electronics and try and fit them into Russ's metal replica.

Speaking of keys, I recently bought some of Gary's (Mooncrest Models) 4th Dr and 8th Dr TARDIS keys, having previously bought some of his 7th Dr keys.

11297_17_zpsd9cb9311.jpeg

dsc_0121bdbiz-1_zpsb5932f07.jpeg

11101-Copy101_zps13db063d.jpg

Zeiss_zps0ddf3b5c.png

I am 99.9% sure that this is the same make of camera, as used by Sylvester McCoy in "Remembrance of the Daleks".

It is a Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 version D, but these cameras come with different lenses and shutter combinations. I already own two; one with a Telma shutter and another with a Kilo shutter. However, I was sure the one that appeared in the story had a Compur shutter, based on the little silver arrow at the botton of the lens.

This week I purchased the above Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 version D camera with a Compur shutter, like the one that appeared in the story.

Attachments

• 1 (11)~01 - Copy (1).JPG
    1 (11)~01 - Copy (1).JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Zeiss~01~01.jpg
    Zeiss~01~01.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Hmmmm, I think I have a new Etheric Beam Locator here:

2ptqdk8.jpg

It even has a grip with built in settings dials. It's too bad they didn't have one of these for Tom's run as I really think it looks more like a scientific instrument than what they did use...oh well! Time to wire it up for blinky lights!

Many thanks to Oblivion I now have a Adipose detector in my collection!

photo2_zps1df30ea3.jpg

photo1_zpsc842ce72.jpg

Sadly this will be the last thing I get for awhile until I find a new job. Being laid off sucks. :(

Can't get enough of the TARDS. Did another airbrush poster last night:
14020317348_4d9d011eac_c.jpg

14204506482_ca19b71529_c.jpg

14204507272_25ecd6411c_c.jpg

14020389447_057d29846e_c.jpg

Thought it'd be fun to make a speed video of the process:

Last edited by a moderator:

Love the video. Love the theme music. It's been a while since I heard the longer version of the song. Just got through watching the "Key to Time". I didn't remember so many Time Lords just hanging about and interacting with the Doctor. Does the White Guardian and Black Guardian still exist ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back