Show your Dr. Who props!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kiwidoc

Hi, I have a few odds and ends that I've made - a fullsize TARDIS exterior, bronze Dalek and a K9 project that has been 10 years already, but this is my biggest item in every sense. I've been working on the 2005 console for probably 5 years and still keep finding things to change, add, re-furb. Might be one of those never-finished items but I'd actually love to call it done and just sit back to enjoy it. The full build thread is over on tardisbuilders.com - http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4291.75 though if there was interest I'd be happy to add info here too since I've discovered a lot about the prop during my research work.

A few pictures:
5.jpeg
4.jpeg
1.png
2.png
- glen

doctorwholittle

Hi, I have a few odds and ends that I've made - a fullsize TARDIS exterior, bronze Dalek and a K9 project that has been 10 years already, but this is my biggest item in every sense. I've been working on the 2005 console for probably 5 years and still keep finding things to change, add, re-furb. Might be one of those never-finished items but I'd actually love to call it done and just sit back to enjoy it. The full build thread is over on tardisbuilders.com - http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4291.75 though if there was interest I'd be happy to add info here too since I've discovered a lot about the prop during my research work.

A few pictures:
View attachment 803684
View attachment 803685
View attachment 803686
View attachment 803687
- glen
Holy hell, man!!! Bring that thread over here - that is fanTAStic!!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hogosha

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Aces Jacket with pins and patches made by me. I have tracked down the majority of the pins and patches on Aces Jacket, those that i could not find, i have recreated. 20180413_104528.jpg 20171115_111453.jpg 20180411_160812.jpg 20171113_095224-1.jpg I have done all of the buttons, the star, and hand painted the Jazz shirt.

davidnagel

Hogosha

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
"Esque" you say??? LOL ! It is my latest creation. Created from screenshots and pics. I should have them up for sale in a week or 2. They are solid brass.

nathanalaneller

I made a stand for my fluid links using a wood stand I bought from Hobby-Lobby. I dremeled out the inside to put button battery's, switch & LED's to light the acrylic part of the stand. Any Ideas on the color scheme for the LED's or the color of the stand itself? I was thinking trying to make it look like a Tardis Roundel. But there are so many Roundel designs, I don't know witch would look good with this prop.

Fluid Link Stand.jpg

Metaluna mutant

You could try to make it "plug" into a piece of faux-tardis console base, like its plug end suggests. I don't think it was ever shown onscreen how it was connected to the tardis so you could make it up.

BTW I read your build log and loved it. When I have some time (as if...) a fluid link is going to the next prop I make. It's surprisingly simple, and when it's mentioned every true Who fan knows exactly what it refers to.

I made a stand for my fluid links using a wood stand I bought from Hobby-Lobby. I dremeled out the inside to put button battery's, switch & LED's to light the acrylic part of the stand. Any Ideas on the color scheme for the LED's or the color of the stand itself? I was thinking trying to make it look like a Tardis Roundel. But there are so many Roundel designs, I don't know witch would look good with this prop.

View attachment 811237

Engineermaker

Thanks Marnal110! :)
(I hope it was directed at me, otherwise *shame* *ding ding* *shame* on me... ;) )

I have more Doctor Who stuff I've made.
Here's a set of props for a lady friend for her River Song Cosplay.
The gun model is downloaded from Thingeverse and printed, though I changed a bit of things on it with cutting and re-shaping with Thimbra to make it more screen accurate.
A pretty great 3D-model to start from though.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:206194

The leather holster and corset/belt are made from scratch, holster i hand stitched and everything stained dark brown.

Here's a short blog with some more photos
https://riversongcosplayprops.blogspot.com/2018/07/last-winter-i-helped-good-lady-friend.html?m=1

Last edited: