Show off your Borderlands props!

xdmray BRDencklau
Sounds good guys! I really wanna see some guns from the Pre-Sequel as well. I might consider making a gun myself after I finish my Hellfire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to build the Bandit SMG one day, i still have a lot of painting techniques to learn and experience before i can tackle something as intricate as this
but it sure is high on my list. borderlands2_weapon_bandit_smg_breakdown_02_by_kevin_duc.jpg

OK so here's the Oxidizing Photon Railgun. I want to make this one first then i figure i have the base to maybe make Moxxi's Vibra Pulse and the Comet Beam

IMG_2255_zpsd61d5ff6.jpg

IMG_2239_zps30260ee3.jpg

IMG_2272_zps9dbc5fdd.jpg

xdmray, great work! I scale my blueprints/props a similar way.

Here is a shot of my Maliwan. All parts assembled and awaiting final paint process to begin.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416536832529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416536832529.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 125
xdmray I'll be following your thread very closely as I have my eyes set on making a Maliwan laser gun as well, most likely the Vibra-Pulse.
BRDencklau Lovin' how you've used your buzz axe blades to prop up your gun; I await the painting stage of your gun with great anticipation...

Hi, folks. Lots of good stuff here! I’ve been working on a psycho bandit mask and I thought I’d share my progress. The sculpt is pretty much complete. I used Bondo to build up the basic shape, and the outer layer is Apoxie Sculpt. The stitching detail is made from Worbla with little bits of solid gauge wire pressed in to simulate the stitches. The chin piece is also Worbla. The mouth fan is a modified PC fan stuck in a short length of PVC pipe. None of it has been painted - the colors of some of the materials I used just happened to be fairly close to the “correct” colors. Overall the mask is not super rugged, so I’ll be molding it and casting a sturdier version which will be painted.

psycho-10.jpg psycho-11.jpg psycho-12.jpg
For those interested, I have a detailed WIP build thread here:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/borderlands-psycho-mask-wip-230929/

I love Borderlands so I've tried a few props and Nerf mods over the last couple of years.

The latest one I've done is Captain Flynt Nightlight (because - funny!). EVA foam with a stand I made for display.

rpf-comforting-night-light-captain-flint-Borderlands-prop-nerfenstein-mix.jpg

One of my favorite builds I've done is the Echo Device (again, mainly EVA).

rpf-borderlands-2-cosplay-prop-echo-device-foam-build-nerfenstein.jpg

What a surprise... more EVA ... Athena's Shield (lights up), Sword and accessories.

rpf-athena-borderlands-props-shield-sword-cosplay-commissions.jpg

Not a fan of this next one, but I was just starting out really when I did it, but the Borderlands Sniper Rifle, made from timber, junk and toy gun parts.

rpf-borderlands-prop-sniper-rifle-cosplay-build-staged.jpg

A Nerf mod / Toy blaster parts. Stand made of my favorite thing.. yes you guessed it... EVA lol

rpf-Borderlands-Law-pistol-variant-nerf-mod-prop-by-nerfenstein-mix-blog.jpg

This next one took me way too long, but I still loved it when I finished it. Nerf mod Torgue pistol (game art it was based on inset)....

rpf-Borderlands-Torgue-pistol-Nerf-Gun-mod-Nerfenstein.jpg

Another Nerf mod, this one a bit silly. I like doing 'character / vehicle' Nerf mods and it seemed pretty obvious to me Claptrap resides in the Nerf Proton. Proof below....

rpf-borderlands-claptrap-nerf-mod-vortex-proton-nerfenstein-510.jpg

I've done some others, but they're the main ones. I love the art style of the Borderlands games, it's always a joy to work from.

Hope you liked something!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back