Show off your Borderlands props!

drjag

Since the release of Borderlands 2 back in 2012, many props and costumes were made from the game and now that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is out, evermore props and costumes have been made from this franchise; I ask all fellow cosplayers and props makers to share any Borderlands creations you have made!

You can show off any prop or costume from the Borderlands franchise, whether it's complete or just a work in progress, all is welcome here!

Last edited:
Not much love here yet...I'll start it off.

Props I made for my Mordecai cosplay for Fan Expo 2014:

digistruct-actual.png shield-actual.png sword-actual.png key-actual.png

And some reference shots for comparison:
digistruct-reference.png shield-reference.png

Thanks circuitBurn for sharing! I was expecting the thread to be cold to start off with but it'll warm up over time. ( I know there is a lot of work out there, so it's just a matter of time when it gets shared here)

Last edited by a moderator:
How long did it take until I found this thread? Cockatiel!

Here are a couple examples of the Kreig buzz-axe and copies I have made over the last year.

Family portrait:
20140720_161730_zpsanglzyee.jpg

Painted replica of original sculpt:
2457341b-ba94-4ea0-b1e9-054d89966caa_zps642318eb.jpg

bd1f70e6-bd8a-4330-bfbd-104a64ee2d43_zpsce181c8b.jpg

20140720_162045_zpsibsqdzwf.jpg

20140720_162001_zps0dntcjqb.jpg

And the Maliwan is still looking at me from the shelf...

@BRDencklau Thanks for sharing your buzz axe! I had a feeling you'd share your work soon enough and don't worry, my Maliwan is glaring into the back of my skull everytime I sit on my office chair but I will finish it. Eventually...

@DtailedREPLICAS The Pestilent Defiler will always be one of my favourite legendaries BL1 had to offer; those corrosive death animations were horrifically awesome in BL1 compared to BL2.

Photo on 9-2-14 at 6.25 PM.jpgPhoto on 9-2-14 at 6.25 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 9-2-14 at 6.44 PM.jpgPhoto on 9-2-14 at 6.44 PM #2.jpg

First attempt at cell shading, just a generic nerf repaint, with added soundboard from a late 90's star trek phaser. More intended as borderlands-esque than a replica. Just a practice painting piece for a Claptrap entertainment centre I have planned. DtailedREPLICAS, love that Defiler! have a great day

Rnc

Rnc88 Nice cel shading going on! Nerf guns are great to practise on. This Claptrap entertainment centre you mentioned sounds pretty interesting, would you mind explaining what it's about?

Thanks. As i'm going to college soon, and plan on bringing my Xbox one, 360, original, and N64, I plan on assembling a full scale replica of Claptrap, to insert them into. from top to bottom, original xbox, xbox one , 360, and N64. working on sourcing some Mdf, as I plan on basic assembly while here at boarding school in Austria, and final constrain back in the US. Finally, I plan on inserting a pico projector into Claptrap's eye. In theory the arms should function as some sort of controller holders. Originally I planed on making a gonk-droid, but realised that there would be no logical place to use as a port for the projector. Any advice is welcomed, but I don't plan on starting work for at least a month.

Thanks. As i'm going to college soon, and plan on bringing my Xbox one, 360, original, and N64, I plan on assembling a full scale replica of Claptrap, to insert them into. from top to bottom, original xbox, xbox one , 360, and N64. working on sourcing some Mdf, as I plan on basic assembly while here at boarding school in Austria, and final constrain back in the US. Finally, I plan on inserting a pico projector into Claptrap's eye. In theory the arms should function as some sort of controller holders. Originally I planed on making a gonk-droid, but realised that there would be no logical place to use as a port for the projector. Any advice is welcomed, but I don't plan on starting work for at least a month.

Well hot damn! That sounds like an awesome project! As for advice, there's not much I can say other than look at other similar projects, (I'm aware of a few R2-D2's that have been made for storing consoles) take notes, consider things like overheating and measurements; I'm not entirely sure a 1:1 scale claptrap could hold all of those consoles and if it could, I'm sure it will get very hot so air circulation is important.

P.s. If you do pull it off, feel free to post it on here!

RobotSpider I just commented on your thread without realising you posted on here. As I can recall, I have never seen a full size (or at least big) loot chest before until today. I love the LED work you've done, it makes it that much more true to the game.

@Borzou I have to say I've seen your Minecraft Gunzerker before and I absolutely love it! The bold colours and accessories really make it something special. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you commissioned Bill Doran from Punished Props to make you that plasma caster, right?

That loot chest is awesome! Hell, everything here is awesome.

I love that printed shield! I just finished one about an hour ago...but I think it shrank...

shield.jpg

@Borzou I have to say I've seen your Minecraft Gunzerker before and I absolutely love it! The bold colours and accessories really make it something special. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you commissioned Bill Doran from Punished Props to make you that plasma caster, right?

Yes, I did commission Bill Doran from Punished Props to make me that Plasma Caster.

Also, here's a picture by Silver Dragon of the new gunzerker skin that I did.

http://borzou.tumblr.com/post/96664189585/askmrtorgue-borzou-torgue-speed-demon

@circuitBurn Wow, it really has shrunk... You could make a button out of it!

@Borzou Another awesome Gunzerker skin! I wouldn't be surprised if you have more Gunzerker ideas lined up.

Last edited:
Just two more and I'm calling it quits. Incidentally, If anyone needs help doing Gunzerker variants, or even the main shirt, let me know.

I'm always glad to show off our Borderlands group! These were from DragonCon last year and our friends were Maya and Axton at DragonCon this year.
I'm the DeathTrap and I made the props for my wife,Gaige.

bl2group.JPG sirens.JPG gaigeDeathTrap.JPG girls.JPG picking up guns.JPG groupbl2.jpg

I'll see if I can get my friend to post pics of the nerf guns he modded.
There are a lot more pictures on my Borderlands blog post, but I don't want to kill your post.

Oh, and I really like this picture, but I don't know who most of these guys are, we just found them at DragonCon.
biggroupbl2.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back