shipping a replica gun issues

AtrumAntics

The title gives the gist of it iv just finished up a commission for a laser musket from fallout 4 and UPS have just refused to ship it as its gun shaped that's a huge problem for me this has got to go to CA in the USA asap but at the same time i don't want months of work being confiscated or scraped due to a restriction of its shape so any help or suggestions are very welcome, picture for reference of gun

20160825_170903.jpg20160825_170719.jpg

The title gives the gist of it iv just finished up a commission for a laser musket from fallout 4 and UPS have just refused to ship it as its gun shaped that's a huge problem for me this has got to go to CA in the USA asap but at the same time i don't want months of work being confiscated or scraped due to a restriction of its shape so any help or suggestions are very welcome, picture for reference of gun

View attachment 659846View attachment 659847

Gun shaped? Wow, give FedEx a try. They allow actual firearms to be shipped

Gun shaped? Wow, give FedEx a try. They allow actual firearms to be shipped

yes i know its ridiculous it not like this can be mistaken for a real gun and they allow Nerf guns so why not this, anyhow thanks for the suggestion i will give FedEx a try i find it weird iv actually received prop guns via UPS but cant send them lol whats that about.

I've had many, many model-guns shipped to me in California via FedEx. Many of them from outside of the country. Should be fine :thumbsup. UPS has changed their policy on firearms & firearm replicas I believe, although I'm not sure of the details there.

Good luck! I'd include a note with a detailed explanation of exactly what it is just to be on the safe side. Not sure if the whole orange barrel plug would apply to something like this. Hopefully not.

Thanks for the input guys, i just spoke to them on there live chat and who ever i was talking to told me they would definitely class it as a gun replica after seeing a picture of it and if i tried to send it anyway it would get picked up in the export x-ray's and stopped this is getting daft thought the hard bit was making the thing apparently not ha ha just want a cheap shipping company as they want stupid money in some places but the shipping box it a bit OTT maybe ? just over a meter long and 22kg with the prop and packing :D20160831_163919.jpg

Pity you can't split off the stock and trigger and send them separately as the rest of it looks like a coffee grinder! ;)

Pity you can't split off the stock and trigger and send them separately as the rest of it looks like a coffee grinder! ;)

Haha yea i did think about it but its a total bugger to assemble with the rear coils aligned properly to work now you can make an espresso while shooting laser beams :D

Go to the UPS depot, not a UPS store, Fedex or postal service USPS allows such items to be shipped.
List it as a toy or movie prop for customs.

From my own experience, the only way to do it is to ship it surface mail by Royal Mail. Basically, they won't allow anything gun-shaped on planes out of the UK. Dumb AF, but what can you do?

I have once received a prop from Germany but it was marked as glass shelves.
Unfortunately the rules have become quite strong of late so you will have a hard job of getting it through without braking it down into a "kit" of parts.
Please post if you do work it out.

USPS allows individuals (non-licensees) to ship long guns. Pistols, shipped by individuals, must be shipped via overnight delivery service (UPS or FedEx). I would be shipping USPS. UPS or FedEx will simply open your package if they want to inspect the contents. Because you are not shipping an actual firearm, USPS is the best bet for privacy and zero hassle. I hope this helps.

ETA - Sorry, just saw you are in UK. Not sure how to help.

I have purchased several prop guns, including blank firing guns, from the Prop Store of London. Never had an issue with them. In fact just a few weeks ago I got in a single action army blank pistol used in the TV show Dracula. It was shipped Fedex though, not UPS.

I wish you luck!

Thanks again peeps for the info i got a decent shipping quote with transglobal express who seem to be another face of FedEx at half the cost and they don't have a problem with my prop as long as its correctly labeled and easy to open in case of inspection i just hope they pack it back up just as well as i did :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back