Shaak Ti's Lightsaber

Selk

This is Shaak Ti, I made this a few years ago, but I need to take to the next level. Namely, she doesn't have a proper lightsaber.

I have a lightsaber that is made out of cardboard and foam but it is now falling apart and I would like one made out of metal. I have never made a lightsaber, I wouldn't know where to start. Help would be appreciated.

I'm no expert on scratch-building or hardware sabers (I'm a machinist), but that saber (the Adi Gallia) isn't terribly difficult or intricate. I would think you could make a pretty good replica with some PVC or aluminum pipe for the body, some washers for the emitter, some epoxy to hold it all together, and a couple cans of spray paint.

Not sure how you'd make the pommel off the top of my head but...different size washers and some bondo or some other kind of filler should get you close.

The LEDs should be available at Radio Shack or online.

I'm no expert on scratch-building or hardware sabers (I'm a machinist), but that saber (the Adi Gallia) isn't terribly difficult or intricate. I would think you could make a pretty good replica with some PVC or aluminum pipe for the body, some washers for the emitter, some epoxy to hold it all together, and a couple cans of spray paint.

Not sure how you'd make the pommel off the top of my head but...different size washers and some bondo or some other kind of filler should get you close.

The LEDs should be available at Radio Shack or online.

The pommel shouldn't be too difficult. Try trimming down a funnel, and filling it. As for the LED, a Seoul P4 is probably your best bet.

Lots of good lightsaber resources at FX-Sabers.com - Index. You might even find a build thread for that hilt.

If you pay for shipping/packaging, I'll send you the brass part for free.
I have an extra from and Adi Galia lighstaber I converted to an Aayla Secura to give to Amy Allen several years ago. It's still in my junk drawer. You want it, it's yours.

If you pay for shipping/packaging, I'll send you the brass part for free.
I have an extra from and Adi Galia lighstaber I converted to an Aayla Secura to give to Amy Allen several years ago. It's still in my junk drawer. You want it, it's yours.
That's an awesome offer! Selk should definitely jump on that unless he's intent on building it himself.

J419, might be hard to find a funnel with the right taper...a measuring cup might work though. But there are lots of options if you're creative. You could also build it up using styrene and sand it smooth.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back