Shaak Ti & Barriss Offee Lightsaber

Wasn’t it believed that Aayla Secura Attack of the Clones lightsaber (not Revenge of the Sith) utilized the same body but with just the top of the emitter plate?
AFAIK, the shortened variation was seen only in promo pics. I saved these two closeups from forum posts in the noughties. (mind you, people had less Internet bandwidth back then and images tended to be smaller: This is it).
I'm guessing that they must have been resin stunt sabers because there don't appear to be any big thumbscrews on them either.
Aayla Secura.jpg
Barriss Offee.jpg

AFAIK, the shortened variation was seen only in promo pics. I saved these two closeups from forum posts in the noughties. (mind you, people had less Internet bandwidth back then and images tended to be smaller: This is it).
I'm guessing that they must have been resin stunt sabers because there don't appear to be any big thumbscrews on them either.
View attachment 1797964
Not really sure what you are trying to show here. The Aayla images seem to be a mix of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith where she had different hilts.
If I remember the lore, Amy, a LFL employee was brought in at the last minute when they decided to add Aayla to Attack of the Clones. I get the feeling that any of the limited publicity shots they had of Amy for Attack of the Clones was quickly shot on the set when she filmed her scenes. For that reason, I believe that the same hilt you see her with in those Attack of the Clones images (probably the exact same hilt (stunt copies we are seeing Barris hold) is what she was swinging around in the movie.

I not trying to make this an Aayla saber thread, I am simply answering the question about if the body of the hilt was by other characters.

I decided to go the round recessed dimples instead of the traced ones. It should be a fairly simple mod to recreate the off centered dimples.
dotoverlay04.jpg

I don't think there are any other real variations of the hilt, one possible variation would be a sandblasted or white painted (can't really tell what's going on with the finish) version that is presented in a Visual Dictionary as Agen Kolar's hilt
View attachment 1797781
Although it's definitely not the same hilt he used in either AOTC or ROTS
View attachment 1797782
(AOTC) Looks like the Ki-Adi Mundi/Aayla Secura clan hilt
View attachment 1797783
(ROTS) I have no idea which hilt this is. The emitter looks kind of like the Barriss emitter but it has pommel cubes
I think the ROTS Saber is a Kenobi hilt.

Oh I almost forgot, there is another saber that uses the same body but there is no confirmation of a character using it or being on screen. It was just in the propstore auctions sold as a background Jedi hilt

View attachment 1797862
View attachment 1797863
View attachment 1797864

So this one can be recreated once I launch the Plo Koon / Luminara hilts.
So the emitters for the Plo/Luminara emitter and Shaak/Barris bodies will utilize the same threading? Would it also be possible for the Eeth/Kit pommel and emitters to have the same threading as the Shaak/Barris body to allow for Cin Drallig's lightsaber? Cause THAT would be amazing

I think the ROTS Saber is a Kenobi hilt.
I'd be inclined to agree, if the emitter didn't look so much like the Barriss emitter. The flare seems too small in diameter. And the overall length of the hilt is so short it makes Tux Akindoyeni's hand grip where the thinneck would be instead of the grip, and there's no evidence of a control box based on his lower hand position.
Unless there's a never-before-seen variant of the Barriss hilt that swaps out the tapered pommel for a Kenobi-style cubed pommel, which honestly the more I look at what little we can see of the hilt seems to be the case. Of course that's based on pretty much nothing.

One thing is for sure, the official sabers per character has been all over the place. I guess George never thought there was going to be a community like ours trying to recreate every piece of his work.
Well, we know how George felt about continuity..."it's for chumps"

Ok I just noticed something, do you guys think these were holes? or at least emulate holes like for a small plug or so? It's weird that 3 different hilts have them. or well it might just be an imperfection that got casted multiple times.

View attachment 1797870
Not sure if it's the prop's department reasoning but it seems like it could be representative of a charging port for the power cell in-universe

So the emitters for the Plo/Luminara emitter and Shaak/Barris bodies will utilize the same threading? Would it also be possible for the Eeth/Kit pommel and emitters to have the same threading as the Shaak/Barris body to allow for Cin Drallig's lightsaber? Cause THAT would be amazing
They are all compatible. Here are a few examples of the mix and match you can do: Custom Saber [full saber kit]

Oh and you mentioned Cin Drallig? im working on the Stunt and the "canon" versions. The stunt will be a static hilt, and the canon version will be like the Lightsaber collection book but not cartoonized... it will be made using the same emitter and pomel as the stunt but wih the Shaak ti bottom and a different switch section that resembles the Cin one. Still long ways to go with the Cin ones but they are in the same project.

CD01.png

The stunt one is the same thing just a polished aluminum (slimmer) pipe in the middle.

Last edited:
They are all compatible. Here are a few examples of the mix and match you can do: Custom Saber [full saber kit]

Oh and you mentioned Cin Drallig? im working on the Stunt and the "canon" versions. The stunt will be a static hilt, and the canon version will be like the Lightsaber collection book but not cartoonized... it will be made using the same emitter and pomel as the stunt but wih the Shaak ti bottom and a different switch section that resembles the Cin one. Still long ways to go with the Cin ones but they are in the same project.

View attachment 1798128
The stunt one is the same thing just a polished aluminum (slimmer) pipe in the middle.
I know its way off yet but, Put me down for 1 of these!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back