Shaak Ti & Barriss Offee Lightsaber

guabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Continuing with the Clan sabers project I have been fine tuning the Shaak Ti hilt. I think it's super close now and I'll be getting quotes on this. However as with the Fisto hilt (as seen here) I will be offering Variations. To my knowledge, besides Shaak Ti there is the Barriss Offee which is the same body minus the emitter section. I don't consider the Geonosis Arena Obi hilt to be a direct variant, more like a second cousin. I know that other Jedi have used this hilt like: Adi Gallia, Bultar Swan & Agen Kolar. Is there any other saber that would be a direct variant?

shaakticomp.jpg

Shaakti04.jpg

Shaakti05.jpg
Shaakti06.jpg

Barriss02.jpg

thanks

I don't think there are any other real variations of the hilt, one possible variation would be a sandblasted or white painted (can't really tell what's going on with the finish) version that is presented in a Visual Dictionary as Agen Kolar's hilt
ezgif-1-c23e23f308.png

Although it's definitely not the same hilt he used in either AOTC or ROTS
ezgif-1-573b6162c7.png

(AOTC) Looks like the Ki-Adi Mundi/Aayla Secura clan hilt
ezgif-1-c630cea2d1.png

(ROTS) I have no idea which hilt this is. The emitter looks kind of like the Barriss emitter but it has pommel cubes

Wasn’t it believed that Aayla Secura Attack of the Clones lightsaber (not Revenge of the Sith) utilized the same body but with just the top of the emitter plate?

IMG_2219.jpeg

Interestingly enough, checking my copy of the EPIII Visual Dictionary and Agen Kolar does have this clan hilt despite the publicity photos for EPIII showing him with some other unidentified hilt

5a8c438f1e423fe26389862ecb1113d8.png

Wasn’t it believed that Aayla Secura Attack of the Clones lightsaber (not Revenge of the Sith) utilized the same body but with just the top of the emitter plate?

View attachment 1797785
Not sure about what hilt Nalini Krishan used on set but for the Visual Dictionary she definitely did use the "shortened"/missing emitter top
26da357251b2e62a23e38e5f6bd780b5.png

It's not easy to see but in ROTS Aayla definitely uses the Ki-Adi clan hilt
d236b2d6134f8af95582a04f3077d8d5.png

Can't find any non-publicity photos of Amy Allen for AOTC to confirm what hilt she used on set

View attachment 1797785
Little bit more digging, this time into SethS amazing Guidebook, the publicity shots Nalini Krishan did for AOTC definitely show Barriss using the "cut-down" version of this clan hilt:
45c069a9288ae92e24cfcf6bb1a12c18.png

The only time/media I've seen Barriss using the full-sized version is The Clone Wars:
52defcb1446c2a665e884cbc9b38069e.png

Can't find any non-publicity photos of Amy Allen for AOTC to confirm what hilt she used on set
That was the case 20 years ago too. I think the photo I posted was the best reference we had. It was just enough to make out it and assume it was the same body just with the simple emitter plate. I know there were a few replicas made within RPF at the time.

It's always a pleasure waking up, login in to the RPF and read all your input.

One thing is for sure, the official sabers per character has been all over the place. I guess George never thought there was going to be a community like ours trying to recreate every piece of his work.

Anyways for the Barriss hilt I made a special emitter plate that will work as a blade holder.
Shaakti07.jpgBarriss03.jpg

Oh I almost forgot, there is another saber that uses the same body but there is no confirmation of a character using it or being on screen. It was just in the propstore auctions sold as a background Jedi hilt

backjedi03.jpg

backjedi04.jpg

Untitled9.jpg

So this one can be recreated once I launch the Plo Koon / Luminara hilts.

I did an overlay of the model vs the Agen Kolar visual dictionary and its almost the same but I did noticed that the top emitter place is postioned lower than the reference pics I used...
shaakticomp2.jpg

It is also a bit difficult to match the correct perspective / focus lenght, requires a lot of time to do but im happy that its very very close.

Here you can see the differences on the top plate position, my model has the position like the ones on the right
top emmiter.jpg

Ok I just noticed something, do you guys think these were holes? or at least emulate holes like for a small plug or so? It's weird that 3 different hilts have them. or well it might just be an imperfection that got casted multiple times.

Holes.jpg

Ok I just noticed something, do you guys think these were holes? or at least emulate holes like for a small plug or so? It's weird that 3 different hilts have them. or well it might just be an imperfection that got casted multiple times.

View attachment 1797870

I think they are simply design elements to keep the hilt from looking too plain. They probably liked the look of it and repeated it on other hilts.

I added the marks to the model. I took the best image of those marks i had and did an overlay tracing.
dotoverlay01.jpg

dotoverlay02.jpg

dotoverlay03.jpg

Shaakti08.jpg

I don't think the shop will be able to precisely machine the shape but as long as they show up as close as them ill be happy.

I have a copy of this saber, it’s not a great one and I’ve been meaning to ask my guy to try another, those dimples have always looked like points from the milling bit used twice to make that detail. I think it’s off center oddly

I added the marks to the model. I took the best image of those marks i had and did an overlay tracing.
View attachment 1797892
View attachment 1797893
View attachment 1797894
View attachment 1797895

I don't think the shop will be able to precisely machine the shape but as long as they show up as close as them ill be happy.

I don’t see why not. Plenty of people here making metal replicas of these council sabers did it. It’s just milling out the area with a small bit. Then drilling a couple of tiny holes for the plug look for the spots that require it.

I’m pretty sure most of these hilts you picture came from one master and then was recasted. Mostly for stunt hilts but also as belt hangers for Jedi that did not require beauty hero props. So that is why you are seeing the same details over and over again.

Here you can see a bunch of stunt props being preped for The Phantom Menace. This appears to be prior to them increasing the length of the Maul saber at Ray Park's request.

manysabers.jpg

Also, this image below is probably 20 years old that somebody once posted. Probably their workup of their upcoming build.
adisaber.jpg

Last edited:
I have a copy of this saber, it’s not a great one and I’ve been meaning to ask my guy to try another, those dimples have always looked like points from the milling bit used twice to make that detail. I think it’s off center oddly
Yeah I can see it now... I've looked at all the castings offered for auction and they all have the recessed dimples.
Holes03.jpg
Holes05.jpg

Holes02.jpg

Thanks.

I don’t see why not. Plenty of people here making metal replicas of these council sabers did it. It’s just milling out the area with a small bit. Then drilling a couple of tiny holes for the plug look for the spots that require it.

I’m pretty sure most of these hilts you picture came from one master and then was recasted. Mostly for stunt hilts but also as belt hangers for Jedi that did not require beauty hero props. So that is why you are seeing the same details over and over again.

Here you can see a bunch of stunt props being preped for The Phantom Menace. This appears to be prior to them increasing the length of the Maul saber at Ray Park's request.

View attachment 1797907

Also, this image below is probably 20 years old that somebody once posted. Probably their workup of their upcoming build.
View attachment 1797908
3d modeling has come far... I started using solidworks back in 2008.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back