Seeking Tips/Tools On Bending Brass Rod

Rahn420

I'm looking for any tips or tools for bending brass rod. I want to replace some of the piping on my DeAgostini Falcon. I'll be using 1mm, 1.5mm and 2mm rod.

I'm having trouble getting a tight bend, especially on the 2mm rod. I want as close to a sharp corner on the inside of the bend as possible.

I bought a couple of bending pliers, but I don't think they are sufficient for the job. Perhaps there is a better tool?

I've tried annealing the rod first, but I still don't get the result I'm looking for.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Micromark.com is pricey but looks like they have something that may work.
Universal Bender Item #: 82819
368842B9-9F86-4E55-872E-D9AA87B2C357.jpeg

I guess it depends on other uses you may later have.

I usually use MM just for ideas and end up buying or making something cheaper.

You could also trade out to a softer material. Maybe aluminum or copper rod?

Have you tried bending against a hard metal corer on a tool? In reality, hydraulics and even conduit has a bend radius. I know this is sci-fi, but even piping has to follow some rules. Worse comes to worse, you can try styrene rod. Warm it up at the bend point and you will get a sharp bend close to 90 degrees as possible. Too much heat will result in melting and distortion and will not look at all like piping or conduit.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back