Seeking a 1/24 tie interceptor pilot?

I have a couple of the ILM pilots I believe were used in x-wings, y-wings, and tie fighters. I am not going to use them. Not sure what they used in the tie interceptor, but if it will work for you, let me know.

Yeah the ilm pilots are 1/24 scaled but in this 1/24 scaled tie-interceptor they will look slightly too big i think.
Alfred wong ,who mastered the Ed Hold tie-interceptor, has his own interpretations about what is called studio scale/size or what is not.
I also think that is why it is sold as 1/24 instead of studio scale.
Studio scale Tie's have indeed 1/24 scale pilots so in a way you could say the ss Tie is 1/24 scale
I think in this case 1/24 scale tie-interceptor doesn't represent/mean studio scale 1/24 and i think this Tie is compaired to studio scale 1/24 smaller(more 75%sh studio scale:wacko)
Maybe the scale difference goes unnoticable,..but i think a 1/35 pilot will look better in this tie-interceptor

All the TIEs, standard, Darth Vader and interceptor all used the same ball/body and the same pilot. The TIE Bomber of course was much smaller, about half the size and had no pilot.

Am I correct that the ILM pilot is from the Airfix 1/24 Harrier? What you need is a similar pilot from a 1/32 kit, almost any jet would do as long as the pose and gear is similar. Then rework the head to match.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back