SE-16 Blaster variant

Can you not add a shim under the scope, just before it reaches the compensator?

Like, between your printed part and the underside of the scope...

Part of the problem is that the barrel of the compensator doesn't form a straight line with the body of the scope. Even removed from the chassis, there's a noticable "kink" in it. It's subtle but it's one of those things your eye immediately goes to because no real gun – at least, not one that isn't damaged – has a bent barrel like that.

I should have paid more attention during assembly, but since I was gluing it to a painted scope, I was more worried about not getting epoxy all over the paint job.

I was going to let it go, but I showed it to my girlfriend last night (without saying anything about what was wrong) and she immediately caught that the barrel was crooked. So I soaked it in acetone overnight and was able to pull most of it apart this morning. I did some damge to the front part of the scope in the process and I've DMed Field Marshal about buying a replacement for that part. I don't fancy buying am entire m38 kit over again just to replace one part.

So are you saying the cut on the Cutts isn't straight?

Or the rear of the scope isn't?

So are you saying the cut on the Cutts isn't straight?

Or the rear of the scope isn't?

The Cutts didn't sit in the scope straight. Basically, there's a metal coupler that joins the Cutts to the front of the scope, where the lens would go, but the coupler has a bit of play to it on the scope side of things. (It's a dual male threaded coupler made for the Cutts compensators, so it fits the Cutts tightly but the scope is a little too large for it) I wasn't paying enough attention to alignment and the glue set with the entire Cutts assembly slightly crooked. I double checked the cut-down Cutts with a straight edge and it's fine. It's just the joint with the scope that was the problem.

Hope that make sense.

I should probably put these here, as well. Like Markus (Odiwan72) said, I may have gone over the top a bit with the greeblies, but, like Anubis guard said, it's better to go too far and explore more possibilities, and dial it back as needed, than to be too conservative and leave options undiscovered!

I definitely plan to paint some of the brass parts to tone it down a bit.
0620192004.jpg
0620192003.jpg
0620192005.jpg
0620192005a.jpg
0620192006.jpg
0620192006a.jpg
0620192006b.jpg
0620192006c.jpg
0620192007.jpg
0620192007a.jpg
0620192007b.jpg
0620192008.jpg
0620192008a.jpg
0620192008b.jpg
0620192008c.jpg

Personally, I'd pull off the rubber furniture bumpers and the metal disks covering where the safety used to be.

The cable is an unusual choice that really works. Whatever you do, keep that and pull the rest of it back until the whole thing works.

Yes, the bumpers will be the first thing to go.

Not sure about the pulleys, just yet. We'll see what happens!

I do appreciate the feedback and the suggestions!!

I really like the pulley discs, The grill is excellent!!!

It‘s just all these small rods and stuff below the barrel, that‘s a tad too much imho.
Those square bumpers are an ode to the Rexim based Stormtrooper blaster...very nice thought, but these don‘t fit there somehow.

You really motivated me to proceed with my own custom blaster, that I had in a drawer for years. It‘s a DL variant, but I want it to look very old/ worn and oldschool. Haven‘t found the right scope setup for it yet. As a matter of fact, I am unsure, if I want to add a scope at all

Happy belated Fourth everybody! I took some time off from fried chicken and movies yesterday to finish this guy up. This was my first time doing weathering by chipping away a top coat to reveal a metallic undercoat. There's some problems here and there, but for the most part I'm pleased with how it turned out. It's definitely a technique I'll be using in the future.

I recently bought a 16x16x16 photo studio, and this seemed like a good project to break it in.

IMG_20190705_003050002_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190705_003019249_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190705_003205982_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190705_003225597_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190705_003252407_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190705_003311414_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190705_003804829_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190705_003843988_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190705_005723412_HDR.jpg

Dann, I cannot get over this blaster, I really think this is the most beautifull, most star wars like custom blaster I ever saw. Congrats again for the great job you did. (y)

Any chance to get my hands on a grip-frame?

I love your builds gentlemen!!!

Search for FN-D BAR grip, FN-D trigger, FN model D grip, FN-D parts kit, or some variations thereupon. That's how I found mine.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to nab a second one though, so your best bet may be at a gun show.

They are seriously rare, but they can be found. Luckily I scored mine years ago for really cheap!

I hope everyone who is looking finds one!

Search for FN-D BAR grip, FN-D trigger, FN model D grip, FN-D parts kit, or some variations thereupon. That's how I found mine.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to nab a second one though, so your best bet may be at a gun show.

... nothing here in Germany :(

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back