SE-16 Blaster variant

Noice!

Welp, yeah I'd say you're on your way, now!

Thompson frame isn't necessarily smaller, just different. Maybe a little smaller. Oh, I forgot to get a pic of my parts! Stand by...

Here you go, the greeblies are all possibilities for him. Some have already been attached (years ago), but more or less just to see how they'd look. They may or may not stay. I've of course got tons more (when it comes to greeblie options), but these are the ones that I've had in a bag with the rest of the blaster parts for a long time. I was thinking about using some short lengths of the flash sync cable (which you can barely see in one of the pics) as well, sorta like the Merr Sonn, etc.

0319191743.jpg
0319191743a.jpg
0319191744.jpg

But yeah, need to work out how to attach the main parts first, and I think I'm nearing that point, now that I'm armed with a printer, and also have been going to welding school. Hopefully I'll start work on this baby soon!

Last edited:
Is anybody here a member of – or at least familiar with – sturmgewehr.com? I found a member there selling an FN-D trigger and grip assembly for $250, which is about the best they seem to be available for these days, but I can't register as the sign up page uses firearm related anti-robot security questions, which I am completely unable to answer.

A deal I'd found for an inexpensive all-metal Thompson airsoft seems to have fallen through, so I'm seriously considering springing for the FN-D. Of anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it. Even if it's just helping me answer the dang security questions.

I'd be happy to help answer the questions!

And yeah, you'd be HARD pressed to find a price lower than that!!

I would do it if I wasn't allergic to the stuff!

It sucks, that only happened recently, and I'm so bummed that I can't play with molding and casting anymore.

^Oh wow, that sucks. I'm sorry man.

I've never molded or cast anything before, though I have wanted to learn. If there's enough demand, maybe I'll take a swing at it. Could be worth a shot.

My FN-D grip arrived today, and it is gorgeous.

I almost want to go off on my own direction with this and do something else. Decisions...

IMG_20190329_124923937_HDR-1638x1229.jpg

IMG_20190329_124912994_HDR-1638x1229.jpg

Does anyone know how to remove that vertical flange from the front?

Pull the part at the bottom (I'm guessing the mag release?) back, it should clear the front channel so you can slide that other part (leaf spring for magazine retention?) out.

Also, been playing around with ideas again. I wonder if a big ol front sight would ruin the look of the compensator??
0329191616.jpg

AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!
0329191616a.jpg

It's those "Piston Halves" from Superjedi's blaster build!! I found them!

I'll post a pic in a minute of where they came from. I couldn't believe it when it caught my eye!

Last edited:
Also, that anodized gold "heatsink" piece from Superjedi's blaster build is I think part of a heatsink that's on the Ghostbusters trap. See it on the side there?
700-700_06.jpg

Here you go, the donor for the "Piston Halves"!

Found mine at Home Depot, in the welding section. It's a butane torch lighter! I was walking by and did a double take! Cost $10-ish bucks.
0329191630.jpg

They're one piece, so it takes a little work to get them separated and clean them up, but it's no big task. Disassemble the lighter, and there are a couple little brass pins you need to knock out.

Pull the part at the bottom (I'm guessing the mag release?) back, it should clear the front channel so you can slide that other part (leaf spring for magazine retention?) out.

There appears to be a pin driven through the front of the part that acts as a rail for the mag release to slide back along. That seems to be holding it in place.

Edit: oh, the pin is spring loaded. Now I just need three hands. Ha

Also, been playing around with ideas again. I wonder if a big ol front sight would ruin the look of the compensator??

I rather like how that looks.

There appears to be a pin driven through the front of the part that acts as a rail for the mag release to slide back along. That seems to be holding it in place.

I rather like how that looks.

Gotcha, it's been so long, I don't recall. But I'm guessing you'll need to knock out them pins. Hope you've got punches!

And thanks! I kinda like it, too.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back