SE-16 Blaster variant

This is such a great Blaster! I would give anything to get my hand on such a Browning handle... Does anyone know where I can find a site where you can order those separated gun parts?

Wow, surprised to see this bounced back to page 1. LOL

SamC, I did some web searching shortly after I completed the blaster, but could
never find anything like the receiver from the Browning. Haven't looked for a long time though.

Wow, surprised to see this bounced back to page 1. LOL

SamC, I did some web searching shortly after I completed the blaster, but could
never find anything like the receiver from the Browning. Haven't looked for a long time though.

Works like this deserve a return to page 1 :-D

Sad to hear it, but thanks. Maybe someone else has any idea, or even contacts to get these type of gun parts.

Bumping this up because I'm in love with this design and am planning a version of it built off of an airsoft Thompson m1a1. Do we still have info on what the barrel/muzzle brake was from

Also, holy heck real gun parts are expensive. Every version of the Browning WZ28 and/or the Colt Monitor I can find are thousands and thousands of dollars.

Here you go...

IMG_7768.jpg

IMG_7766.jpg

This is funny, we're researching a custom build and not an actual film prop. :lol

I love it, though, you really made a cool design, man.

wow, first time I see this and it's looking amazing. Also curious about the compensator tube part.
the greeblies are looking awesome and really had a great realism to the piece. (y)

The compensator I have is a Cutt's, from an old 12ga shotgun, although the Colt monitor featured one almost exactly like it.

And yeah, parts kits for the FN model D and the Colt Monitor can be stupid expensive. I think the Colt is also referred to as the R85 or something. I need to search again. I found a guy with a website devoted to these rifles awhile back, because I was looking for a replacement grip.

I got REALLY lucky when I found my parts. It would be very difficult to build one of these today with the real parts.

Last edited:
And I've STILL not tackled mine!

I've got most of the parts laid out on one of my hobby tables, I'll get a pic for y'all in a little bit.

The compensator I have is a Cutt's, from an old 12ga shotgun, although the Colt monitor featured one almost exactly like it.

Dude, thank you. That nailed it. Lyman Cutts. There's a couple on eBay too. Not cheap, but not outrageously expensive either.

Colt R80! I was close.

Yeah, expect to find the compensators for around $100. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Mine was far less, but that was years back. That's not to say you couldn't find one for $45 or something.

And you're welcome! I understand the fascination with this blaster design. It's one of the most Star Wars looking customs I've ever come across!

I wish I knew what those "piston halves" were!

I think what held me up with mine was trying to figure a good way to secure the barrel and scope to the receiver. Now that I have a printer, my plan is to just design something that'll fit right in there. Just need to set aside the time to do it!

That's not to say you couldn't find one for $45 or something.

There's a few compensator bodies up for $45 each, but then the adapters seem to go for about $30, plus the chokes are $10 to $15 (if one wants a taper at the front, which I think I do.) Add shipping and it still comes to about $100 total.

Okay, that's not as bad as it was last time I looked!

I don't have a choke or real barrel section, just the body of the compensator. My plan was just to use steel tubing as the barrel. I can machine a sleeve with a taper to slip over the barrel.

Shoot, sorry. Colt R75.

Anyway, here's that dude's site I was talking about.

He's got parts, not sure if he has the exact trigger group, but he did at one time.

Trigger Group & Parts

He does have a full Monitor parts kit for a cool $12,5.
Colt Monitor parts kit

You may wanna periodically check gunbroker for stuff, I've seen parts there, and I think that's where I found mine all that time ago.

The Colt monitor is rare. Some fascinating history on it here:

Right off the bat he mentions Cutts compensators. Lol. If I'd watched this first, I wouldn't have needed to bump the thread.

Can you imagine if there'd been a screen used Star Wars blaster based off this thing? You think MPPs are scarce...

Last edited:
Shoot, sorry. Colt R75.

Anyway, here's that dude's site I was talking about.

He's got parts, not sure if he has the exact trigger group, but he did at one time.

Trigger Group & Parts

He does have a full Monitor parts kit for a cool $12,5.
Colt Monitor parts kit

You may wanna periodically check gunbroker for stuff, I've seen parts there, and I think that's where I found mine all that time ago.

I'm showing my firearm ignorance here but what gauge would you say the compensator is? I'm guessing 16 based on eBay pics, but it's really hard to tell without anything in the photos for scale.

Haha, I've watched SO MANY if that dude's videos!! Even that one! He's kinda strange, but the stuff is totally fascinating.

Which compensator are you taking about? The one on the monitor? Or the blaster?

I'm pretty sure it's larger than one for a 16ga shotgun. But not positive. Mine is definitely for a 12.

Haha, I've watched SO MANY if that dude's videos!! Even that one! He's kinda strange, but the stuff is totally fascinating.

Which compensator are you taking about? The one on the monitor? Or the blaster?

I'm pretty sure it's larger than one for a 16ga shotgun. But not positive. Mine is definitely for a 12.

Yeah, sorry, I meant on the blaster.

Looks like the 12 ga has a 1.25" OD while the 16 ga has 1.15". Not a huge difference but that means the original blaster is definitely a 12.

I did a bit of photoshopping and the 16 ga has more "traditional" looking proportions, but then again the awkward size of the 12 ga gives it character.

Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, I really like the larger comp., but hey, you're using a Thompson, so maybe you could do a smaller, sleeker companion piece "holdout blaster" or something!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back