SDCC08 - Dr WHO Replicas!

Congratulations to you and yours Neill - becoming a father was the best thing I ever did!

Now, can I persuade the Mrs that I honestly no longer want a Sontaran head rather than I can't get one? :confused

Cheers

Doug

I just ordered one. Now for the interminable waiting... :confused

If it was ordered today (during UK business hours) then it was dispatched today so you shouldn't have long to wait! :)

Congratulations to you and yours Neill - becoming a father was the best thing I ever did!

Now, can I persuade the Mrs that I honestly no longer want a Sontaran head rather than I can't get one? :confused

Cheers

Doug

Cheers Doug - yup exciting times for me and the missus. I'm sorry to dissapoint about the Sontaran. Keep your eyes on ebay as they do crop up.

Congratulations !

Bit of a downer for me, I have been on the waiting list for one of the Cyberman helmets for eight months. :unsure

And sorry again but the Cyberman was our best seller and not a LE so more chance of seeing on ebay someplace.

Best
Neill

I just placed my order. The sale made it a less insane purchase than it would have been on my budget before. I'm still going to have to work some overtime to make it up, though. :lol

So these are going out immediately then. How long do they generally spend in transit to the US?

Lastly, thanks so much Neill for offering us this sonic replica, which as far as I care is 100% accurate, and thanks again for this sale.

Oh man!! Finally they become affordable and I lean towards getting one... on the exact same day that it becomes uncertain if I will have a job this time next week.

Damn health issues and bad timing!!

And also congrats on the little one, Neill!!

Oh man!! Finally they become affordable and I lean towards getting one... on the exact same day that it becomes uncertain if I will have a job this time next week.

Damn health issues and bad timing!!

And also congrats on the little one, Neill!!

Thanks for the congrats and really very sorry to hear about your troubles. Seriously, it's just a bit of metal and plastic.

Best wishes to you and hope things work out ok.

Neill

So Neill, what you're basically telling us is that there's now ZERO chance of seeing these beauties that so many fans want...

LaserScrewdriverProto.jpg

MastersRingProto.jpg

...going into production. To be perfectly honest, THAT SUCKS! :thumbsdown

I don't suppose there's any way to convince you folks to sell me that prototype Laser Screwdriver, is there? :love

P.S. Congrats on the little Gorton that's on the way! :)

Silverskyes, since you live near me I'm assuming it's the exact same shipping cost. I didn't get charged VAT and total after shipping was $295.

So Neill, what you're basically telling us is that there's now ZERO chance of seeing these beauties that so many fans want...

LaserScrewdriverProto.jpg

MastersRingProto.jpg

...going into production. To be perfectly honest, THAT SUCKS! :thumbsdown

I don't suppose there's any way to convince you folks to sell me that prototype Laser Screwdriver, is there? :love

P.S. Congrats on the little Gorton that's on the way! :)

Yup, it sucks but the reality is cost factors against demand. You say 'so many fans want' but can you actually put a number on that? Truth is it'll probably add up to just a couple of hundred at most. To do all the prototyping, tooling and CNC work for just a couple of hundred and all the advertising, etc. etc. would mean we'd make a product that was so expensive that no one would want to buy it. It was a killer bringing in the sonic at the price it is and ultimately, you have to remember, this is a business and businesses don't exist for long if they run at a loss.

I love that prop. I think it's gorgeous and I adore the prototypes. I just can't afford to lose money making them because, well, it'd be insane and my kid would grow up wondering why it's dad was such a mug frittering away its inheritence on making stuff that don't sell just because he, and a hendfull of other people, thought it looked cool. :confused

Neill

I could have save $165.00 if I had waited until today.... :confused

On July 15, I was SURE they would have been sold out by the end of the day.

Well sorry to hear this. Mostly because I'd had my eye on getting a Cyberman Helmet or Clockwork Robot mask down the line. So all of these are off the table even if ordered in March? Ebay and secondary market only from now on for those pieces? Bummer.

Thanks for the congrats and really very sorry to hear about your troubles. Seriously, it's just a bit of metal and plastic.

Best wishes to you and hope things work out ok.

Neill

Wait... you mean they DON'T open doors and such? I thought it was a replica. :p

Oh right, 'Prop replica'. ;)

And thank you.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back