SDCC08 - Dr WHO Replicas!

I got to play with the screwdrivers!! The Masters Laser is so sweet! The prop guy from the show was on hand to chat. He also had a pneumatic Sonic Screwdriver and the thumb switch version. I'll post some pics once I get them off my camera.

FB

i can't wait for the sonic and laser screwdrivers... I'm hoping they're around $150-200.... I wonder if they'll be able to get sound into them.

I think trying to cram all the electronics for light and sounds would be difficult but thats not to say they haven't managed it, although if they are 'all singing all dancing' I expect the price will reflect that, still excellent prototypes

The Eccleston SONIC! THAT is the one I wanted! Now, if they can get a US distributor and price it a point that I can afford. Otherwise with the US dollar continuing to sink further down the toilet, by the time I get it from the UK it will run me $400.00

Its not the Eccleston sonic, it looks to be the current tennant one, with the increased depth of the flattened V towards the end, to allow the internal slider tube to go to the end.

although the body glaze colour looks to be very yellow, and not the same as the prop. also the wires in the extending neck are both yellow, and not yellow and clear.

the ecclestone one had a red/ black wire braiding.

interesting to see it at last though.

Eccleston had the yellow wire, Tennant the red and black. Of this fact I am certain.

sonicbutton.jpg

chris ecclestons one version with the big slot, u can see the red black wires. Tennant did continue to use it in most of series 2 wen they need the extending prop, however in the closeup of the sonic in runnaway bride in the lift u can see theve changed the wire colour to yellow and clear.

http://doctorwho.time-and-space.co.uk/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=84&pos=1151

not the best picture, but u can see that its not red/ black.

The guy had 2 versions but the official version will have an automatic opening switch rather than the push button one.

FB

Whats the automatic opening switch for :confused

whats the point if its not on the prop, does this mean its not a manually extended and retracted by a finger slider?

u got any pics or a video clip of this functionality?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back