Sculpting P1 backpack ?

inkmonster

Im thinking of taking a crack at sculpting a P1 backpack. What would be the best way for a inexperienced sculpter to go about it? Should I just start off with a big lump of clay or should I make a foam template to get the basic shapes and then build my clay up over it? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Im thinking of taking a crack at sculpting a P1 backpack. What would be the best way for a inexperienced sculpter to go about it? Should I just start off with a big lump of clay or should I make a foam template to get the basic shapes and then build my clay up over it? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I'd say build off of a foam base so as not to use a ton of clay. That's probably what I'm going to do when I do my Wolf backpack

Im thinking of taking a crack at sculpting a P1 backpack. What would be the best way for a inexperienced sculpter to go about it? Should I just start off with a big lump of clay or should I make a foam template to get the basic shapes and then build my clay up over it? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
I would say the best way to go about it would be to relax and let me finish the thing. I've got a lot on my plate and will be getting back to it soon. Sweet lordy-loo :)

I would say the best to go about it would be to relax and let me finish the thing. I've got a lot on my plate and will be getting back to it soon. Sweet lordy-loo :)
I know ya do Carl and thats why I figured Id give it a try myself wasnt implying anything. I made the mistake of selling mine and need one for some cons comin up. This will be my first and last year of doing the convention scene. Im just to darn old for this stuff and want to have one good year of it.

Oklee Doklee. You may call me the molasses pred.
Nah no need to call ya names. Allthough Im starting to fear the world will come to a end or I may be using a walker to stroll aound in my pred suit before its finished. LMFAO. I think Ive been watching Scott Andrews harrase you so much I just want to fit in. :)

looks like Im gonna go for it and try to sculpt this thing. Does anyone have any good reference shots of the P1 backpack? I will post in the reference section too.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back