Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

a huge thanks to Wavey, another part down, and only 7,048,426 more to go!

001.png

002.png

- - - Updated - - -

also a big thanks to Paul, who sent me measurements for the volvo part. Looks like I got pretty dang close!

It's the first 1,000,000 that are the toughest... after that... easy peasy! That looks absolutely amazing!

I've been chatting with Wavey and he's considering casting all the parts he has for the build!

I'm sure you've seen this - but the designers even detailed the shelf... Sorry... I just added another 51, 356 parts

Shadow of Reflection: Movie Screencaps R-S: Click image to close this window

OH! Isn't the top of the side panels where the windows are the lighter of the two interior colors and then the exterior grey?

It's the first 1,000,000 that are the toughest... after that... easy peasy! That looks absolutely amazing!

I've been chatting with Wavey and he's considering casting all the parts he has for the build!

I'm sure you've seen this - but the designers even detailed the shelf... Sorry... I just added another 51, 356 parts

Shadow of Reflection: Movie Screencaps R-S: Click image to close this window

OH! Isn't the top of the side panels where the windows are the lighter of the two interior colors and then the exterior grey?

hah, yeah, I saw that screecap recently, and I was like "Aw Mother F----- ... " so at the very least, my original estimate of over 7 bazillion includes those.

That would be awesome to have those cast!

yeah, I need to re-examine those light-dark schemes.

S,

Did you notice that the same ESB greeblie Leia grabs, tries to twist and hurts her finger is also on Han's side of the side panel next to the Volvo cluster?

yep, in fact I copied the model I'd already built for the circuit bay I built a while back. Any ideas as to what it really is? It appears all over the cockpit actually.

Wavey, care to chime in here?

- - - Updated - - -

(wait are we talking about different parts?)

Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea... erm, erm. :D

The black turny object and bar could be a large battery holder/moving tool or a wheel removing tool. Tricky one that but I'm not sure.

Um, just a thought from a ship junkie...

The "gizmo" that Leia tries turning unsuccessfully could be something that locks in by turning it one way, and unlocks by turning it the other. When unlocked, it might slide out revealing something vital, like a major component of the hyperdrive...maybe some kind of glowing control crystal interface a la Stargate. Or maybe something mildly radioactive or dangerous that is vital to controlling some aspect of the engines, if constructing a glowing crystal would be too hard, though with a little plexiglass etched like a circuit board and a few LEDs...

Just my two cents from the department of What It's Worth.

Hey All!

a few months ago, I actually finished up the work on the inner mandible, after I found a very awesome rare photo of the full scale ANH falcon at Elstree showing that area (FINALLY!) but the model got big enough that the renderer was no longer happy compiling it. Got that all fixed up now, so here are some renders for ya!

005.png

004.png

003.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back