Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Arg! If the RPF's notification system had a neck, I would be wringing it. Never saw emails for any of your comments folks, sorry about that!

Hey S,

Just checked out your Blog update! Love the Ralph McQuarrie / Joe Johnston concept interior! It reminds me a lot of 2001: ASO. Amazing! It is an interesting take on the interior Would be fun to see that full scale as well. :)

Stinson's All Things Star Wars Blog

Thanks! I'm really happy with the way it's turned out so far. I've contemplated sending the renders to Joe Johnston (via his facebook page) to sort of say "hey look, it would have worked!" hah.

regarding the full scale falcon they plan to build... actually, I'm not too worried about "how screen accurate it will be". One thing I've noticed from my build, since it's a mish-mash of a couple different falcon's itself, is that she looks about the same no matter what you do, as long as you make her body the right shape, and cover her with enough junk. Just look at the differences between the 32" and the 5'. Plus, they do have access to the original blueprints, so I'm pretty optimistic she'll look right...

but yeah so, they're not gonna let us go ahead with our full scale falcon are they?
Sofaking, you need to start bombarding someone's inbox over at disney, they should buy your cockpit outright. Just cut me in when they make a rich man. (but uh, if they send you a cease and desist, we never met. Heh heh..)

I've contemplated sending the renders to Joe Johnston (via his facebook page) to sort of say "hey look, it would have worked!" hah.

...they're not gonna let us go ahead with our full scale falcon are they?

Sofaking, you need to start bombarding someone's inbox over at disney, they should buy your cockpit outright. Just cut me in when they make a rich man. (but uh, if they send you a cease and desist, we never met. Heh heh..)

Do you know something I don't? I hadn't heard that Disney was against the full scale build. I think CL would have said something to me or on the blog. Actually... we spoke in detail at the Makers Faire and he relayed some VERY interesting and VERY promising news re: the build... so I'm a little confused. But... if we're NOT allowed to build it. Well heck... I'm moving forward anyways. I'm going to light it up, skin it and take it to as many shows as possible. Then sell it for $1,000,000! ;) I can dream!

I think you should ABSOLUTELY send your renders to Joe J. I think he would be thrilled to death! Can you do a full render with color or does that take time?

no, I just thought it seemed like disney would want to shut us down if they were making their own falcon. But I could be wrong. I haven't heard what you've heard from CL.

I can render them in color, but I'm working on the model more than the textures at the moment, so I'd want to add more details before full color renders. Needs more pipes and tubes and exposed wiring (because Han Solo doesn't give a crap about L&I )

I'm working on the model more than the textures at the moment, so I'd want to add more details before full color renders. Needs more pipes and tubes and exposed wiring (because Han Solo doesn't give a crap about L&I )

Looking forward to seeing that Steve,....again inspiring work,....not just saying that.....INSPIRING work!

J

but man that reminds me: I swear to god I saw footage of Harrison Ford smoking a cigarette in the cockpit, and now I have no idea where that was. I thought for sure it was in the R2 and 3PO hosted Making Of, but it's not in there.

Actually I remember the same thing. I have noticed the same such differences when comparing Documentaries (even major films) that are produced outside the states (where they never heard of the term 'politically correct'). If they are then redistributed in the states certain shots (and language) are deleted. Smoking is one of the top No-Nos. I always assumed that scene was cut because of that and over time that particular version gets distributed more and more and the original cut disappears. I have seen that alot.

Even here in the US it happens as society changes. As a classic example of this happening over time - between the 50's and the 70's - did you know that the Flintstones Cartoons were made by a cigarette Company? Where the characters smoked and even were in the commercials selling Cigarettes! That part disappeared when the Saturday morning cartoon block was created.

So there may be a version out there, probably in Europe that has that scene we remember.

So Steve, are you about done with your "Screen Acurate" Falcon? Or are the variants ways to recharge your batteries?
In any case, is there a chance of seeing the back half of the Falcon interior? I'd love to see what you did for the engine room...

S,

Just checked out the latest blog update! You nailed the RM MF. Excellent work! I've always loved the simplcity of the RM Falcon. Would love to see a 5' model of that! HMMMMMM ;)

Did you do anything with the cockpit? I love Joe Johnston's original cockpit design where the cockpit chairs are joined together?

S,

Just checked out the latest blog update! You nailed the RM MF. Excellent work! I've always loved the simplcity of the RM Falcon. Would love to see a 5' model of that! HMMMMMM ;)

Now that would be something!!

I'm starting plans on re-making another RMQ Falcon, with help from these fantastic renders that Steve has created, I can't wait to get started....it'll be slightly larger at the same scale as the MPC...1/72

J

Now that would be something!!

I'm starting plans on re-making another RMQ Falcon, with help from these fantastic renders that Steve has created, I can't wait to get started....it'll be slightly larger at the same scale as the MPC...1/72

J

Hey J,

Can we convince you to go a little larger? ;)

So Steve, are you about done with your "Screen Acurate" Falcon? Or are the variants ways to recharge your batteries?
In any case, is there a chance of seeing the back half of the Falcon interior? I'd love to see what you did for the engine room...

I'm always tinkering here and there, and sometimes I wonder if I am done or not. In my dreams, I definitely intend to "recharge" the batteries by tackling the ESB cockpit/interior. Every once in a while I poke at that idea, but I still have a long grocery list of items left unfinished on the ANH falcon.

as for the back half, I did have a video where I came up with an engine room Millennium Falcon Full Interior Walkthrough - YouTube

Oh thanks alot yodamann... now look what you made me start...

003.png

002.png

001.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back