Scratchbuilt Jabba's Sailbarge / Khetanna custom Toy and Model WIP

Thank you guys for the feedback and comments!! It always makes me very happy to reads through it ;) ...just wow to get so much positive feedback over here! I still feel like a noob around ;)

Next update will be soon....It really comes along nicely.

I can only find stainless steel ones. Wouldn't they not be able to be painted then??

Thanks

Tom

Hey Tom,

I always bought the most cheap ones made by Tenson (E-Bass strings) They say they are nickeled? Anyway...they can be primed with no problem. The color chips of easily though...but I will use this maybe for the "used" look??

Regards

Wolff

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#07jan2016

This is really getting along fast.
First up I decided to cut off the front part of the cockpit. Otherwise I would be in real trouble painting it. So it's now detachable with 4 screws holding it in place:
Khetanna_484.jpg

Khetanna_485.jpg

Finished the cockpit by now. The seat is an homage to the vintage AT-ST. The lever to the middle broke twice by now so it was replace by a metal lever. Some additional cables and the foot area was also completed:
Khetanna_486.jpg

Khetanna_487.jpg

Khetanna_488.jpg

Khetanna_489.jpg

After that I wanted to do the front part. Some screens were added. Some acrylic with scratched in forms does the job very well:
Khetanna_490.jpg

Khetanna_491.jpg

Now on with detailing this part of the cockpit:
Khetanna_492.jpg

Khetanna_493.jpg

Khetanna_494.jpg

Some ligthening check:
Khetanna_495.jpg

Khetanna_496.jpg

And finally the back part was primed...mmmmmmmmmmmhhh....I love priming ;)
Khetanna_497.jpg

Khetanna_498.jpg

Khetanna_499.jpg

Khetanna_500.jpg

Khetanna_501.jpg

Khetanna_502.jpg

Khetanna_503.jpg

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking.

Wolff

The seat is an homage to the vintage AT-ST.

I saw that immediately, I have that model, you got it spot on :D

The cockpit looks great; I can almost feel how hot and dusty it would be, driving this beast across the deserts of Tattooine..

Thank you guys for the feedback and comments!! It always makes me very happy to reads through it ;) ...just wow to get so much positive feedback over here! I still feel like a noob around ;)

Next update will be soon....It really comes along nicely.

Hey Tom,

I always bought the most cheap ones made by Tenson (E-Bass strings) They say they are nickeled? Anyway...they can be primed with no problem. The color chips of easily though...but I will use this maybe for the "used" look??

Regards

Wolff

Excellent.

Thanks

Tom

Just simply stunning work!
I just read this thread through from the start and got so absorbed I was late for work!!!
Amazing stuff and as others have said you are selling yourself short, this is model making of the highest calibre!
Cheers
Jon

Thanks for the replies guys! :D

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#10jan2016

The cockpit is now finished....well nearly. It is missing one more LED with glas fiber illumination for the arm panels. No material yet, so I will do this later.
Khetanna_504.JPG

Khetanna_505.JPG

Khetanna_506.JPG

Khetanna_507.JPG

I also primed the nose. Sadly my last rattler got empty while doing this, but it's nearly done.
Khetanna_520.JPG

Khetanna_521.JPG

Khetanna_523.JPG

Khetanna_524.JPG

Khetanna_525.JPG

Cockpit and nose mounted together:
Khetanna_508.JPG

Khetanna_509.JPG

Khetanna_510.JPG

Khetanna_511.JPG

Khetanna_512.JPG

Khetanna_513.JPG

Khetanna_514.JPG

Khetanna_515.JPG

Khetanna_517.JPG

Khetanna_518.JPG

I will now go on with the middle part ;)

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking!

Wolff

Thanks for the replies guys! :D ...I hoped for more feedback on the primed and built in cockpit, but well.... maybe it slipped through ;)

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#24jan2016

Starting with the middle part.
First up are some greeblies to finish the look from the side:
Khetanna_526.jpg

Next up was the break through for those hatches. These will be closed with some grills. Figures cant go through those hatches, so I am useing them to give some rooflight to the bar below.
Khetanna_527.jpg

Khetanna_528.jpg

Below I needed to do the walls and ceiling for the bar part which was actually added at a later point to lengthen the ship. I also noticed some inaccuracy to the door from inside that needed to be fixed...a lot of extra work sadly:
Khetanna_529.jpg

Khetanna_530.jpg

Khetanna_532.jpg

Khetanna_533.jpg

Khetanna_534.jpg

Khetanna_535.jpg

To finish the inner of the barge the bar also needed some floor paneling.
Khetanna_536.jpg

Khetanna_537.jpg

Almost done. The inside with sanded panelling to the walls, floor and ceiling:
Khetanna_538.jpg

Khetanna_539.jpg

Khetanna_540.jpg

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking!

Wolff

Indeed ... I'm just in awe ... and even the rate that this build is going again ... keep at it ... can't wait to see the weathering paintjob :)

Chaim

... can't wait to see the weathering paintjob :)

Chaim

I totally agree with Sym-Cha. I love the look of primer, and I know this level of detail takes many many long hours, and I realize this still has a long way to go ...so I just have to wait patiently for the color and weathering to be applied. It will be worth it. :cool :cool :cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back