Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Its about time! I can't finish mine til you finish yours! Ha Ha. great to see you back to work. Bye the way, im a little ignorant with the actual scale size, how big is this in inches?

Wow! you jammed that much detail into it? Mine is a little over 3 feet and I had a hard time fitting in a lot of detail. Awesome job. And thanks again for the help with my engines. Your info helped. Im finally done with them.

While working on this build, I found that the more detail I put into it, and staying true to the reference, it gives the model more of an illusion of "size".

Ok, this piece is just humbling. Fantastic work!
How are you going to handle the FO and lighting for the bridge, neck and upper structure? I know that they're covering access to your lighting system, so they'll need to be moveable. I was just wondering whether you were going for a "just setting it to the side" type of setup where the lines and FO are all attached to the main hull still, or if you've come up with a system that would allow you to completely remove the section to set it aside. Some type of plug-in connection on the LEDs that the FO is run to for the upper section. Just curious!!

And I can't believe I've never said anything in this thread before!!

Ok, this piece is just humbling. Fantastic work!
How are you going to handle the FO and lighting for the bridge, neck and upper structure? I know that they're covering access to your lighting system, so they'll need to be moveable. I was just wondering whether you were going for a "just setting it to the side" type of setup where the lines and FO are all attached to the main hull still, or if you've come up with a system that would allow you to completely remove the section to set it aside. Some type of plug-in connection on the LEDs that the FO is run to for the upper section. Just curious!!

And I can't believe I've never said anything in this thread before!!

In total, I'll have five parts that will be able to be pulled apart and I will utilize connectors for the wiring for each component. The bridge tower slides off and remains attached even when mounted to the super structure. Threading this with fiber optic will be very easy.

ISDTower_zps996a3154.jpg

I found a partial image of this online and I added to it, and modified the image until I had it printed. As I was building the model, I was making changes along the way, to make a better representation of the ISD. That piece of paper made a great "drop sheet" when it came time to cast resin parts, unfortunately, it seen it's way to the garbage.

hahaha as most designs do.. Thanks for the feedback.

I've started to piece together what I'm finding online and it looks as if I'm going your route with the revisions along the way..

I've somewhat changed course in what I'm going to build though. Seeing as there are a lot of ISD out there of various sizes, I was thinking a Victory II Class SD in the 4' size. I like it's shape more than the ISD and since my research thus far says no studio model of this was built, it's a somewhat open canvas... meaning I can avoid all those really hard-to-find kits, hopefully making the build flow a bit faster. I'm still going to use the ISD maps already posted as a reference and whatever kits I can find.

hahaha as most designs do.. Thanks for the feedback.

I've started to piece together what I'm finding online and it looks as if I'm going your route with the revisions along the way..

I've somewhat changed course in what I'm going to build though. Seeing as there are a lot of ISD out there of various sizes, I was thinking a Victory II Class SD in the 4' size. I like it's shape more than the ISD and since my research thus far says no studio model of this was built, it's a somewhat open canvas... meaning I can avoid all those really hard-to-find kits, hopefully making the build flow a bit faster. I'm still going to use the ISD maps already posted as a reference and whatever kits I can find.

I would look for some side profile images, rear images and front images of the ISD to create your plans from. At four feet, this may take a while to finish, have you given thought of making it 1/2256, this way you can include it with a number of other star wars kits at that scale.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back