Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED.

Re: Scratch Built Red Bull Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1

WOW! Fantastic! I look forward to every update. Only 875 hours at the bench? You're clearly not putting enough time in! Back to work! :)

Is this for a project or just pleasure? Either way... It's already a work of art.

Thank you Mr. S.King, this is just for pleasure.
I had been away from the hobby for a while and wanted to get back into it with something new that i hadn't seen before. An out of box kit didn't interest me for a first build, i had 7 models in my small stash and i had a box of interesting plastic bits i had been collecting for about 10 years, from swimming pool pump accessories to fan housings to spice caps to mouth wash caps. I had never done a scratch build before so i made a plan baised on shapes and lines and designs of things i liked and the MK.1 is what i came up with.

If i hadn't gotten back into modelling again, those 875 hours would of been spent drinking, smoking and watching crap Tv programs and it was time for change in my life.
Thanks for stopping by

Gag

this first part looks a little out of place but it is setting the style for the rest of the upper flaps so trust me, I'm a doctor? ;D

I think it's safe to say that at this point, none of us are worried about the design!

Thank you Mr. S.King, this is just for pleasure.
Thanks for stopping by

Gag

WOW, simply WOW!
Been watching your build for awhile and I have to say it has been a GREAT pleasure and inspiration for me watching your ship come together!
The items you are using and the details you are added are beyond my meager means to express!!!
And now to find out you are doing it for fun, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

I truly hope someone out there working on a film sees your build and contacts you to use this piece in it. What you have done so far and from your overall design it deserves to be seen on the big screen, in 3D!
Don't know if that is something you would consider but, to me, it would be great to be asked and the ultimate complement to the time and energy you have put into it!

Please fellow members I don't mean to belittle your comments or the adoration you have posted towards this build! I know a lot of you here have/are working in THE field and I am hopeful you agree with my appraisal.

Great job TheNylonGag and I'll be watching intently for more, Petseal

It is an honor to be watching a masterpiece in the making. Thank you so much for sharing this incredible build.

Like many others, discovered your thread late in the game and have been playing catch-up. Rather than echo everyone else's comments I leave you with two thoughts:

1) Subscribed

2) My little brain exploded

Welcome my friends,​

Thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate everyone taking the time to comment, it means alot.​

Had a couple of deliveries this week​

Picture114-1.jpg

Had been dabbling on and off in the mid-week but then Friday came and the wife was away all evening until very late so, i hit it hard on Friday, one of those 'set your alarm so you remember to eat deals'.
Had to pop into work for a few hours Friday morning but sat down at the bench at 11am and didn't leave until 12.30am Saturday morning, smashing.​

I was working on the rear flaps for the upper wings, i wanted the flaps and the airbrakes to work, sometimes i make it so hard for myself but boy, was it worth it on Sunday when i put it all together.​

This is going to go fast so pay attention, there will be a quiz...​

Basic shape​

Picture077.jpg

Cut out wing and removed airbrake portion​

Picture083.jpg

Cut, punched and shaped the various components.​

Wing Struts​

Picture081.jpg

Airbrake arms.​

Picture092.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Basic hinge shapes​

Picture100.jpg

I used clear plastic tubes i found for spacers between the various struts, and glued it all together. This was after much cutting, adjusting, correcting, swearing, tantrums etc.......​

Picture105.jpg

Picture106.jpg

The first test and it works.
grin.png

Picture107.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Then basically the same process with the smaller inner wings, these would not move but the airbrake flaps would still operate.​

Picture124.jpg

Then fitted each airbrake flap with a larger outer flap​

Picture127.jpg

I then went about attaching the flap assemblies to the main wing back detail plate​

First, small alignment hinge back plates​

Picture128.jpg

These were attached to the main wing back plate at the correct spacing.​

Picture150.jpg

The small hinge was then attached to these alignment back plates, being careful not to use to much glue so the whole thing got stuck.​

Picture130.jpg

Test in position.​

Picture137.jpg

Are you still with me...............good.​

I ran into an interference problem between the large and smaller inner flaps. but a small modification solved this, i can dress it up a bit later with detail. The smaller inner flaps were attached straight to the detail back plate , no hinges needed​

Picture148.jpg

Everything was then put in position on the ship​

Picture151.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Picture159.jpg

And tested the flaps.​

Picture162.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture157.jpg

Picture158.jpg

And breath.​

I am so happy with how it turned out, i think it looks perfect with the rest of the wing assemblies and the ship.
The flaps will be detailed later when i skin the outer surface of the wing.​

Now its on with the detailing of the main wing back plates so stay tuned​

That's all folks
Take care my friends​

Gag​

Just the amount of time you took to hand cut so many pieces is impressive lol. I need to get a bottle of pledge with future shine before they decide to change the name and confuse us all again. How many hours do you think you'll have put into this when you're done?

I... you... UGH!!!! :) It's just incredible! I know I'm just watching you build this, but I am still happy to be a part of it all.

Thanks for the comments guys,

I'm not sure how many hours total i will put in WesR, but i think at least another year. :wacko

I worked last night on the rear wing flap actuators, i was so excited they worked i made this short video

The Nylon Gag MK1 flap & airbrake test - YouTube

I will post a full report soon

Thanks for stopping by

Gag

Watched all of your vids and again WOW!
You have some fantastic work going on here and I am so looking forward to seeing this ship when it's ready to "soar"!
Absolutely love the details you have put in so far and the lighting effects just ROCK!
Keep up the great work mate!

I believe this can actually fly!!
I've never seen the build like this. How can you generate all the images so clear. Hats off!!

You build like a bull and the result is fantastic!!:thumbsup

I can't believe I just saw this thread! This is some of the most amazing detailing I've ever seen! Keep going!

Sean

i just found this thread. my god man! i have no words! i will be stealing all your techniques muahahahaha

Slow-Clap.gif

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back