Scratch built “Jakob” robot, from Amazon series “Tales from the Loop”

Moska, sorry I missed this thread earlier. Your model is stunning. I appreciate your building process very much too. The articulated legs are so well done and like you said, it is a pity that the cloth covered a lot of it. The weathering looks excellent too. I get stressed by painting and weathering too. But, I find that a lot of the pressure is off, after I switched to oil paint and weathering pencils for most of my weathering. :)

Fantastic impression of the original prop, given only visual reference !...You should create stl files from your files and offer them up for sale on one of the 3d print file websites, I'm sure it will be well received, perfect model parts to be printed on an sla printer. Great job completing this, most might have given up

I watched through some of the episodes again, and wondered why they chose not to set it in Sweden (it has a lot in common with Swedish crime dramas)..I mean all those Volvo cars on the set, and the Police vehicle looks like his artwork with exception of Polis on it..the VW T3 looks out place in an American setting...my small effort so far, was to create some patches from the characters to add maybe to a model or two in a shadow box...not perfect...but best I could do from screenshots....not a masterpiece like the Jacob robot replica by any means !

Attachments

• 20240331_171717.jpg
    20240331_171717.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back