Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

While it is possible that it's the Pumpkins shirt when he has the parka on, it's really unlikely. If they had to make some of their own without the screening on the back, it would be cheaper for them to make more for him to wear with the parka than to buy the original shirts. Also, if the product photo on the page linked earlier is any indication, the logo on the original shirt is comparatively massive.

My screening guy said that faded look would be really easily achieved with some sandpaper. I've ordered 2 shirts for myself and I plan on distressing one of them right away. I'll post pictures of my results.

howdy. i work at hot topic and imagine my surprise when i had to put these out on the floor:
Photoon2010-09-23at2206.jpg

they're not up on the website as far as i can see but i definitely have some in my store at the moment. cost as much as any other band tee we have.

Wow, they didn't have any of those when I went in a couple days ago, awesome.

Also, caved and bought one of the hats. I'm surprised she doesn't have so many orders that she has a backlog, there are actually 2 still left in stock.

Last edited:
Oh, wow, awesome. I'm gonna have to check the Hot Topic here to see if they got any. I know inventory varies at from store to store.

I went to Hot Topic today and checked out the Zero shirt. It's technically a Pumpkins shirt, it's in the band section. What you can't see in the earlier picture is that it says "2007 Smashing Pumpkins" below the word ZERO in small font, and it has that same "The Smashing Pumpkins" on the back that the commercially available SP Heart shirt has. The screening, and especially the shirt itself, are very flimsy and thin. The fit is dead on, but the collar stitching is inaccurate and weak as well.

Could we get a break down of where to find Mathew Patels outfit, his jacket is driving me mad! I know its a classic rugby shirt he wears however!

19ldtx.jpg

I went to Hot Topic today and checked out the Zero shirt. It's technically a Pumpkins shirt, it's in the band section. What you can't see in the earlier picture is that it says "2007 Smashing Pumpkins" below the word ZERO in small font, and it has that same "The Smashing Pumpkins" on the back that the commercially available SP Heart shirt has. The screening, and especially the shirt itself, are very flimsy and thin. The fit is dead on, but the collar stitching is inaccurate and weak as well.

dang, yo. i was just trying to be nice and point out where to get the zero shirt for people who wanted it fast, now and as accurate as you can get commercially. it's a mass produced band shirt. what were you expecting?

lol whatevs.

Sorry, didn't mean to shoot down your find, just wanted to let people know the differences between the commercially available shirt and the one that will be produced in the run. To be fair, if it didn't have the band name on the back I'd consider it worth it just to be able to pick it up in a store, but that band name kind of strips it of the movie affiliation.

EDIT: The shirts came in, pictures in my interest thread, but just wanted to post this one here:

DSC00968.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I don't think I'll be buying a $2000 bass anytime soon, but I do have the Etsy hat on its way to me. If I ever stumble onto a parka in a thrift store I'll grab it as well, but I could never wear it here. It was almost 100 degrees today.

Risu that shirt looks amazing! Great job! Since I can not post in the junk yard yet I would like to say that I would definitely want one in Medium if you do a second run! So you can at least add 1 person to the list of the 12 you need

The bass is a Rickenbacker 4003, unfortunately, that's a REALLY friggin' expensive bass. You're looking at $1,200 for a cheap one. The best route is to look for a knockoff one from a different company. I've seen ones for like $400.

That makes 4 or 5 now actually. It looks like the second run will definitely happen.

Count me in. I'm definitely in if you are printing more, especially Zero, the green SP shirt, or SARS. I wear a small but can do a medium if getting one size is more economical for you. Looks great btw!

I'm only doing the SP Heart shirt. If you're interested in the others you need to talk to Laamberry, but I think her run just closed.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back