Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

Thanks Setzer!

That just about covers all the Scott Pilgrim t-shirt designs from the movie then. Here's an updated pic showing some of the colour co-ordinated wristbands and trainers he pairs with them. (Can't always see what shoes he's wearing with each outfit but here's the ones you do see. And he only wears wristbands when he's playing with the band.) Again, not screen accurate, but just to show them all together.

ScottPilgrimt-shirtsetc.jpg

It's not immediately obvious because he has his coat on, but he wears the white shoes with black stripes with both the CBC and SARS shirts.

This is a really awesome wrap up, by the way, thanks!

I don't think that's the one. The stripes seem too close together. But it is the closest thing I've seen yet.

On said adidas shirt, I can confirm the stripes and the gaps are pretty much exactly the same width. It's hard to say if that's true of the movie shirt but it looks close.

Anyone got a view of this shirt from the back? The adidas shirt has a stripe running parallel to the collar back there.

I just got back from the movie as well, does anybody else think the SARS shirt looked an awful lot like the rings were purple? There is a chance that the black dye used on that part of the shirt is purple based and fades to that color. I'm pretty sure they washed all of his shirts with a little bit of bleach to distress them.

And also, is the Zero shirt navy or black? I've seen screen shots that look both ways, almost looks like two completely different shirts.

Last edited:
Thanks Siromega, glad it's proving useful. :)

wardrobe.jpg

I'm working on getting some useable, good quality images of most of the t-shirt logos which some people may find useful. Hope to have those up later today.

Did anyone else notice that the Plumtree shirt says Old Navy on the inside tag?

Just realized I'm pretty far away from meeting the criteria for posting to the junkyard :(. I'll just leave it at "message me if interested."

And I hope you guys don't mind if my posts are a little smaller and more frequent, so I can cross that threshold sooner.

I too am a ways off from being able to post in the Junkyard, but as it stands I too am 100% interested. Active posting is GO!

Not sure if anyone had pointed this link out previously, but 80stees.com has the Plumtree, Zero and 3 shirts. They're computer images, though, so I don't know how authentic they are to the movie wardrobe.

Scott Pilgrim shirt: Buy Scott Pilgrim shirts at 80sTees

The 3 doesn't look the same to me. The general shape is off, and I am pretty sure I remember the edges being a little rough, almost like it was painted. It's definitely solid, but I thought the edges weren't smooth.

I apologize for not fixing that skull and posting it. I have been short on free time of late, and I let it go for a long time. I did eventually fix it, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do from there. I don't know exactly if/how I'll go about printing it. It still differs a little from Corby's, but with sharper cheekbones than before. The top of the skull is a little rounder/smoother without 2 curves intersecting at a V on the left and right upper part (difficult to describe, but you can see it if you look at the picture).

Anyway, I'm currently working on another design that has been requested but not posted yet. I think this one is easier to make look accurate, though the only image I have to draw from is distorted. I should have it done soon.

I forgot to mention in my interest thread, the guy doing the heart shirts for me has access to every type of t-shirt known to man and he said AA USED to have the heather green ringer, but it was discontinued. As far as he could tell though, it was identical to the Canvas shirts.

Hey everyone!

Just found this site yesterday while looking for Scott's "SP" shirt. Thanks to you guys I've started (and gotten a good head start) on putting together a great Scott costume for Halloween.

I found a similar parka jacket at a thrift store yesterday (fur trim on the hood, orange lining). The only diff is that its more of a army green than blue. Plus it's a wee bit big but not too bad.

I also but some Addidas shoes (wth the green stripes) and ordered the Smashing Pumpkins shirt and green/white striped wrist bands. Still looking for a good Xavier patch for the jacket.

Hey guys, I also just found this site whilst looking for Scott Pilgrim costume stuff and I admire everyone's attention to detail as I strive to keep as consistent with the source as is economically feasible. So count me in on this supposed t-shirt run - I'm particularly fond of the Zero shirt from the Todd Ingram fight, the SARS shirt and the Green SP shirt. Saw the Zero shirt posting but it doesn't have the white ringers and I'm very confident there's no Smashing Pumpkins logo on the sleeve in the movie like there is on the shirt that's being offered. I'd be up for trying to get something a little more dead-on if you guys are down.

I think the shoes Scott Pilgrim wears on the movie poster (and of course in the film) are the Superstar 2 Team Colors model with green inserts.

scott_pilgrim_vs_the_world_poster2.jpg

pADIDAS1-6805032reg.jpg

Note the lack of the green backstrap that the regular green-striped Superstar 2 shoes have.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif

179194_366_45.jpg

The Superstar 2 Team Colors is a white shoe with white backstrap and clear windows for the three stripes. They come with a bunch of colored inserts that you slide in there that show that color through the window.

I think the shoes Scott Pilgrim wears on the movie poster (and of course in the film) are the Superstar 2 Team Colors model with green inserts.

scott_pilgrim_vs_the_world_poster2.jpg

pADIDAS1-6805032reg.jpg

Note the lack of the green backstrap that the regular green-striped Superstar 2 shoes have.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif

179194_366_45.jpg

The Superstar 2 Team Colors is a white shoe with white backstrap and clear windows for the three stripes. They come with a bunch of colored inserts that you slide in there that show that color through the window.

I'd wager the movie shoes are custom versions of the standard Superstar 2. The stripes on the team colors one are skinny and shiny, which doesn't exactly match with the movie (though you can't really tell from the poster). They're still pretty close though, and a great way to get 3 out of the 4 pairs for the cost of one. Wish I'd known sooner!

I decided to try to reproduce the wristbands Scott wears with the Plumtree shirt. I took the red white terry stripe wristbands that have been linked here a few times and dyed them Rit golden yellow. I'm pretty happy with the way they came out (though note the stripes are inverted).

scaled.php

Last edited:
The shoes are definitely the Superstar IIs, the other ones have a very different sole that doesn't match up, and I was sure to check the shoes out the second time I saw the movie. That long shot where he tied his shoes on the way to fight Gideon was very clear. My guess is that because the shoes are on the poster, they wanted to cover up the Adidas logo, possibly just with white paint.

Also new to RPF, but have been following since near the beginning. I thought I would add my thoughts. I've been looking specifically at the green SP pumpkins shirt, and noticed that throughout the movie, it bounces back and forth between one that has the fading/shadowing in the heart, and one that is straight grey. My thoughts are that that when he's got a jacket on, it may in fact be the authentic Smashing Pumpkins shirt, which has the fading. When he is fighting Gideon at the end, with his jacket off, its the simpler screen, probably because his back is visible. I think this might just have been a tactic to cover the pumpkins text on the back. Just a thought.

I was curious, and I know how limited the interest would be, to see if anyone was interested in a CBC screened t shirt. I'm away in the UK for a year and so unable to DIY or deal with my local printer back in Canada. Is anyone else interested, and wouldn't mind picking up the ball on this one? As far as I can find, the ringer that it's printed on could be the Gildan 2100 Ultra Cotton Heathered Black / Black ringer.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back