Score of my lifetime. SL ANH Vader face mask.

this is how i feel when someone says that everyone should be able to have the same level of accuracy in items such as these like some other people without doing the same kind of work and sacrifice:

View attachment 1304171

I never liked that quote. I would rather be able to fly/have super strength/etc. even if that means everybody else can. We're still all equal, but my life is better with super powers.

I never liked that quote. I would rather be able to fly/have super strength/etc. even if that means everybody else can. We're still all equal, but my life is better with super powers.
That's not exactly the point of the quote, the point is that even if it might seem like a great idea, it'll make where if everybody has the same stuff, than no one will be special, and/or unique.

It's not fun if an accurate 501st Vader, or anything similar, costume is available to buy with just the click of a PayPal button.

It completely diminishes hard work and effort we people out into our stuff. And voids the opportunity to learn about said pieces. People will just buy and wear with no knowledge of what is what and how to wear. Presentation is a huge part of a high end piece. With research and hard work of building it you learn how to properly show off the piece or in case with Vader you learn how to wear it correctly and look your best. People who buy the Rubies Supreme end up wearing it wrong 9 times out of ten.

That's not exactly the point of the quote, the point is that even if it might seem like a great idea, it'll make where if everybody has the same stuff, than no one will be special, and/or unique.

We would still be super compared to our old lives. My point is it benefits the entire community.

It's not fun if an accurate 501st Vader, or anything similar, costume is available to buy with just the click of a PayPal button.

It completely diminishes hard work and effort we people out into our stuff. And voids the opportunity to learn about said pieces. People will just buy and wear with no knowledge of what is what and how to wear. Presentation is a huge part of a high end piece. With research and hard work of building it you learn how to properly show off the piece or in case with Vader you learn how to wear it correctly and look your best. People who buy the Rubies Supreme end up wearing it wrong 9 times out of ten.
Yay! Very well said, man!

Those costumes are available to buy with the click of a button right now. I think costuming groups want to have the most people in the most accurate costumes they can. Their goals are different, so for them, yeah I think it is fun.

Those costumes are available to buy with the click of a button right now. I think costuming groups want to have the most people in the most accurate costumes they can. Their goals are different, so for them, yeah I think it is fun.

No they are not. A Vader like mine isn't at any one place.

No they are not. A Vader like mine isn't at any one place.

I have a 501st Vader. It won't all be from the same vendor, but everything can be ordered online. If it weren't for talented people like CFO, bookface, JMC, etc making things available to everybody we would have less Vaders.

If thats the case whats your problem? :D

I have a 501st Vader. It won't all be from the same vendor, but everything can be ordered online.

Well of course it's all available online. But it's not one source.

You still have to research and study in order to piece together the costume.

You have to figure out which version and which vendors to buy from and how accurate you want to be.

An all in one source skips all of the learning you get from that process.

Well of course it's all available online. But it's not one source.

You still have to research and study in order to piece together the costume.

You have to figure out which version and which vendors to buy from and how accurate you want to be.

An all in one source skips all of the learning you get from that process.

It does skip it but not everybody cares about that. RS Propmasters does complete commissions. I think that's great for the community because people that can't build have another option.

It does skip it but not everybody cares about that. RS Propmasters does complete commissions. I think that's great for the community because people that can't build have another option.

Completed Vader props or trimmed TK pieces are available. Like I said when the learning aspect is devoided people tend to act like they know when they don't because they take what they are told as gospel.

Portumac offers completed Vader suits and touts them off as screen accurate when they are far from it. Then his customers repeat the same garbage. Seen it first hand.

The learning aspect is very important imo. Seen to many errors from not going through the building process.

giphy.gif

There are some very high quality Vader helmets available to pretty much anyone that is willing to find out who sells them and are willing to pay the price. Not everyone wants to spend that much time or money so everyone won't have the same quality regardless of the items being available. Many people think an efx PCR is expensive.

Even if someone bought all high quality parts for a Vader costume, there is a good chance the costume won't look great without spending time on research or getting alot of guidance. Not all great parts will go together well or be accurate for a specific film.

Another complication with Vader is the sizing. There aren't very many people that would actually look good in a Prowse size suit.

SL Vader helmets are a blast from the past for me.

I still own number 1 from the very first run. Never ever did get it finished up it is still a raw cast. It is in storage somewhere. Will have to dig it out one day.

Not all singing from the same hymn book here? Or am I missing something?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back