School Set

Bucky Films

I have a large room on my property (Rumpus Room) . I my next short film I would like to make this room look like a classroom..... really cheap I have less then 100 bucks:lol.

Please Help

Not sure why this is in the modeling forum and not the off topic section but..........

Maybe you can contact a school (now that they are out for summer break) and see if they will loan you some desks and what not for your shoot. The you could just use the $100.00 budget for transportation.

Just return them when your finsihed.

Other than that, I am not sure what you could do with that low of a budget.

I'm new here don't have access yet.

We are in winter here at school we have 3 eek holiday coming up but schools are pretty different in permitting kids to do things in Australia

Ahhh, I see.

I don't understand why people can't post in the off topic area when they
are new to the board? I can see the junkyard section but the off topic?

Anyways, I didn't realize your in your winter months.

I wish I had other suggestions for you but I can't think of any at the
moment.

What kind of classroom is it? Kindergarden? Middle School? High School? What kind of class it is suppose to be? Art class? Biology class? History class? I ask because when it comes to those kinds of questions, the classroom type is not the same. When I was in Kindergarden, we didn't have tables in the classroom. In first grade, we had long tables we worked at. In middle school through high school, we had some desks (and it depended primarily on the subject). For science classrooms, we had work stations that required us to sit on stools to work at. For art class, we had tables, and two areas separated from each other (one for pottery, the other for painting). For my English classes, they often had bookshelves that had books on them.

One you've figured out that answer, then start looking at Craigslist or Freecycle to see if you can get your hands on furniture and required stuff. Also, you may want to consider making the design unique. My English and Psychology class (which were both taught in the same classroom by the same teacher), had not just desks, but had an old wingback chair that the teacher allowed students to sit in during class time (I know that before I even had him, he once had a couch in addition to the chair in the classroom that he allowed students to sit on).

So, it depends on what school, what type of class and what you want to convey as a teacher's class room.

It's English , highschool.

I found a chalkboard at my local store

Okay. So all you need is some school desks (you can get about four of them and then cheat the idea of extra ones by moving the desks around) or tables. Like I said, for the English classes I have, they included shelves full of books occasionally. And don't forget, depending on who the teacher is, the decor in the room (as well as any other items) also helps you in the design of the set.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back