Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

Knee pivot cap fitted.

qCy8uni.jpg

Foot pivot fitted. Eventually the in the middle will also disappear.

c4JAypJ.jpg

Absolutely speechless at how good that looks.
There is no doubt in my mind that this will be movie quality when finished and will be the build against which all others will be judged.

Absolutely speechless at how good that looks.
There is no doubt in my mind that this will be movie quality when finished and will be the build against which all others will be judged.

Whoa! That's a big pair of boots to fill! I hope I can live up to it!

Thanks bloke!

SB

Whoa! That's a big pair of boots to fill! I hope I can live up to it!

Thanks bloke!

SB
dude you are already living up to it, everyone can see from your progress so far that your current quality without any finish work is so far beyond anything ever done that the finished article will be so far out of this world that pluto will have its first resident

dude you are already living up to it, everyone can see from your progress so far that your current quality without any finish work is so far beyond anything ever done that the finished article will be so far out of this world that pluto will have its first resident

Too kind mate. :D New Horizons will reach Pluto in about a month now, so we will see if there are any residents there..... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

100% agreed!!

Thanks man. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow this is amazing work! I just killed 2 hours at work reading through the thread. Keep it up man!

LOL! I feel like I owe your boss 2 hours....

- - - Updated - - -

I finally started cleaning up all the welds and seams today. Most of the grunt work I'm doing with a 40 grit flap-disk. When the disk is new it can get into the long corners, but once it's worn it's just good for the raised welds.

I'll get into the hard-to-reach spots with a die-grinder.

NTzgGCl.jpg

Great to see one built out of metal :thumbsup all those have just talked, you came through..Great job cant wait to see it painted up and wearing it..;)

Cheers Pukka!

Flapdisk work on one arm all done. A bit of fine work in the corners to get to with the die grinder then it's ready to putty and paint. I've also sorted the pivoting points for a solid attachment that can be separated with effort but not come apart unintentionally.

TExFIB5.jpg

bvlwUmV.jpg

IkNzE7i.jpg

MK30lqd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TEARS OF JOY BRO!! great googly moogly, im going to need a pack of adult depends for the finally of this build...I can smell paint fumes already.......:love

Thanks all. I haven't been working on the suit for a couple of days as I've been working on the knife to trade with the lady doing my Iron Man leather undergloves.

Nearly finished. Did the brass pour yesterday. All that's left is to take it apart again and harden the blade in the forge, temper it and sharpen.

I made another pommel out of wet clay to make an imprint in the sand.

ItWWToG.jpg

ZJ10WwE.jpg

Molten brass poured.

w2MxUAE.jpg

Looks like it worked although I might add more clay into the mix for the next cast.

FSfJ2Cw.jpg

QlzAiSh.jpg

No knife is legit until it's been blooded. :D

9ZajjK1.jpg

Still some finishing work to go on the handle then it's into the forge with the blade followed by tempering and sharpening.

mjAFHrf.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back