Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

Depends on how you buy it. I couldn't get 1200 x 2400 full sheets home, ($50) so I was buying 800 x 600 sheets at $20 each. Much more expensive that way but what can you do when you don't have a ute or trailer?

Hi there
Absolutely stunning work there!

What thickness of steel are you using?

So, I've designed some little steel features to add to the suit to make it look more tech and set it apart from so many other suits that leave out detail and therefore look plain. I have a machinist doing it for me because it wouldn't be appropriate for me to use the lathe at work at the moment.

This guy is way better than me anyway.

I gave him simple drawings with a few guidelines only.

He's just dropped off all bar two pieces. (I have to get him some more steel). They look brilliant. Toe pivots, knee joints, elbows, shoulders front and back.

8frQehw.jpg

So, I've designed some little steel features to add to the suit to make it look more tech and set it apart from so many other suits that leave out detail and therefore look plain. I have a machinist doing it for me because it wouldn't be appropriate for me to use the lathe at work at the moment.

This guy is way better than me anyway.

I gave him simple drawings with a few guidelines only.

He's just dropped off all bar two pieces. (I have to get him some more steel). They look brilliant. Toe pivots, knee joints, elbows, shoulders front and back.

http://i.imgur.com/8frQehw.jpg

Really brilliant... no words...:thumbsup

Thanks blokes. I've done myself a bit of an injury so I've been off my feet for a bit and there is still some healing time ahead before I can really get back into the suit. I'll see what I can do sitting down.

eBpfOcP.jpg

5LSj87N.jpg

ouch, looks painful dude, my foot swelled up like a baloon and went purple after being hit by a car last year, was off my feet for a week. speedy recovery mate.

That really sucks man. Hope your up and walking soon. I've had arm pain for a while, turns out that I have ripped muscle tissue in my arms and shoulders. Sucks when you've got the energy in heart but physically you can't...GM

Thanks dudes.

At the moment I have a leather seamstress up in Sydney making me the shiny leather under-gloves for the suit, so I am making her a knife. (Scottish Dirk). So whilst I'm not exactly working on the suit, at least I can sit on the welding machine in the shed with the little fan-heater on and carve and grind away all day.

SeBEGku.jpg

8l2B40U.jpg

vJxrkRT.jpg

SB.

Sorry about the injury... I thought you might like this one from when I had achilles tendon surgery

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still hopping along on a crook foot, but I brought an office chair on wheels into the workshop after work today and got a bit of welding done around the table. One foot on the ground, the other knee on the chair. It works.

Started with an arm and shoulder, welding on the new component detailed features.

CLUmQMv.jpg

Thanks blokes. It's good to be back in the workshop and getting amongst it. Just plugging away at it, slowly but surely. Little bit at a time, but steadily making progress.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back