Mooffy

This is my first post on here so correct me if I do anything wrong

I have seen a few threads on here about making a Tron suit replica

I have been contemplating making one myself and I have the following questions

Does anyone have good reference photos of where the lights are positioned in relation to head, shoulders etc as i'm making one for my size not necessarily a screen accurate one

For anyone who has built it
Roughly what length of lights did you use as it would be useful to have a estimate to order from (I could always order more but it's more convenient if I didn't have to)

What sections did you power individually
IE chest, arms etc.

I am planning on 3D printing the disc from this file:

Thanks in advance for any help
I'm relatively new to this forum and cosplay in general but after Auckland Armageddon I thought that it was time to make something
Everyone who I talked to was super nice and a few were even on here
Just another reason why I love this Forum

For what it's worth, my Tron helmets are powered by either a 9v battery or 12v battery pack (8 AAs) with a 3ft extension running from the back of the helmet to wherever you need it to go. I've had some customers wire the helmet lights right in with their custom suit though - probably to reduce the total battery footprint.
Doesn't really answer your suit question, but if you're thinking of a helmet to go with your suit... ;)

For what it's worth, my Tron helmets are powered by either a 9v battery or 12v battery pack (8 AAs) with a 3ft extension running from the back of the helmet to wherever you need it to go. I've had some customers wire the helmet lights right in with their custom suit though - probably to reduce the total battery footprint.
Doesn't really answer your suit question, but if you're thinking of a helmet to go with your suit... ;)
I was looking at using usb powerbanks as i would be able to fit them easier into the jacket
I will look into running AA battery packs though

I wasn’t planning on doing a helmet currently but if time permits I’ll consider it

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back