Limited Run SaberBay DARKSABER season 3 finish now available (limited quantities) saberbay.com

Gotta be a huge relief to have the run done except installed. Thanks for putting up with all us impatient nudniks. Can't wait for mine to come in. :cool:
Let’s be clear… NONE of you have been impatient
I have appreciated EVERY single one of you and have only been met with patience and grace. It is unbelievable the support I was shown.
Thank you all so much!

Got a surprise in the mail today! Missed the tracking email somehow so it hit me completely out of the blue lol... already halfway done!
20230329_163706.jpg

I received mine. It looks great!

Is there a list of what we should have received in the box and instructions for assembling a static display? I want to make sure I have all of the needed parts in the bags.

I've got mine; wonderful work on the grips with black oxide. I've been obsessively holding it in different lighting and comparing it to the screencaps. Really acts the same. I love it.

I've got mine; wonderful work on the grips with black oxide. I've been obsessively holding it in different lighting and comparing it to the screencaps. Really acts the same. I love it.
Some of them took better to weathering than others
I believe it is to do with the media they used to blast the grips…
One consistent effect we can get is a little more aluminum and bright looking but that was different than what we originally shown
We have spare main grips and if anyone wants a different effect or finish email us and we will show what’s available and you can send in for an exchange

We can also show the tools and techniques for getting a shine
We did ALOT more steps than what was done for the first test run we showed earlier on

It goes from that dark-blue-ish-grey to dark-grey to silver under different lighting. There are some spots I want to go over where it's a bit thin.

Attachments

• IMG_20230329_110031.jpg
    IMG_20230329_110031.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20230330_205543.jpg
    IMG_20230330_205543.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 1680205957964.png
    1680205957964.png
    382.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20230330_204928.jpg
    IMG_20230330_204928.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 1680206021810.png
    1680206021810.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20230330_210354.jpg
    IMG_20230330_210354.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 188
Some of them took better to weathering than others
I believe it is to do with the media they used to blast the grips…
One consistent effect we can get is a little more aluminum and bright looking but that was different than what we originally shown
We have spare main grips and if anyone wants a different effect or finish email us and we will show what’s available and you can send in for an exchange

I see why it has been a challenge though because the grips have a slight texture from the media blasting. Still really impressed.

So I just got mine in and I love it! I picked it up and got a bunch of aluminum black on my hand, is there something I need to do to seal it? Or should I just wipe it down?

It goes from that dark-blue-ish-grey to dark-grey to silver under different lighting. There are some spots I want to go over where it's a bit thin.
This was the hardest finish to get and would only happen Sometimes
When they are media blasted they may not be changing out the media enough or using different or old media.
These tiny particles react differently to the aluminum black and change the finish or the evenness of the finish
Was my favorite result but just not achievable all the time unfortunately

A brighter version of that is possible though with microfiber lense cleaning cloth and mother polish and rigorous wiping
So I just got mine in and I love it! I picked it up and got a bunch of aluminum black on my hand, is there something I need to do to seal it? Or should I just wipe it down?
Aluminum black usually won’t come off, what likely came off and got on your hand likely was mother metal polish which I used to brighten up the dull areas and shine up the top of the grips a bit more
My helpers were suppose to wipe them down a second time( I didn’t an initial but understood might still be some left)

Sorry that happened, best thing to use is a lens cleaner cloth or gently with micro fiber towel

I see why it has been a challenge though because the grips have a slight texture from the media blasting. Still really impressed.
Yeah as I mentioned in last reply… it wasn’t so much the texture but the small pieces of material that are use to make the texture(the media)
It can vary, or be dirty and cause different effects it in evenness as it may react differently to the alu black

We tried are best and if anyone is disappointed let us know when can give you options for other ones or going to non weathered
Just email us
Justin@saberbay.com

also i received two neopixel leds with my crystal chamber. are these the same types of leds as the blade and switch pcb leds so i can just use one data line and define sub blades?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back