Rubies Stormtrooper Blaster (catalog #30557)

Hey all. I though those of you who might be following this thread would like to know this.

Disney Parks has. New line of toy blaster's which include Solo blaster, Chewie crossbow, Fett Rifle, and Stormtrooper rifle.

Now... I know what you are thinking, as before, these are just re packed Hasbro blaster. But they are not at least not the solo and trooper. I cannot say for sure about the other too. The solo one is a little lacking but the trooper one is interesting. It has the folding stock. I'm not sure if it is functional, but it's there. It also has a magazine area and a switch for stun which turns the red lights to blue.

i have not seen these in person and only read about them from the Disney New Product press release last week. However if you do an eBay search for "Disney Star Wars Blaster" you will see what I am talking about.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hey all. I though those of you who might be following this thread would like to know this.

Disney Parks has. New line of toy blaster's which include Solo blaster, Chewie crossbow, Fett Rifle, and Stormtrooper rifle.

Now... I know what you are thinking, as before, these are just re packed Hasbro blaster. But they are not at least not the solo and trooper. I cannot say for sure about the other too. The solo one is a little lacking but the trooper one is interesting. It has the folding stock. I'm not sure if it is functional, but it's there. It also has a magazine area and a switch for stun which turns the red lights to blue.

i have not seen these in person and only read about them from the Disney New Product press release last week. However if you do an eBay search for "Disney Star Wars Blaster" you will see what I am talking about.

View attachment 468892View attachment 468893View attachment 468894View attachment 468895View attachment 468896View attachment 468897View attachment 468898

I'll take a look at it when I'm at SWW and take photos if I can and report back if anyone is interested!

Those are pretty neat. The "Rebel blaster" seems a little bit more accurate than the previous Han Solo blaster, though I can't tell if the scope is off to the side enough, it's hard to tell in the picture. Either way it would look pretty nice painted up. I'm also interested in that stormtrooper blaster. Heck, even the bowcaster would look nice painted up even if I'm sure that it will be fairly small.

...Simply put, I want all of them. Wish I was going to Star Wars Weekends. :p

You can also order from the Disney parks store hotline. I can't remember what it's called but you call them and can order things directly from the park stores and they ship it out to you. I got my action figure size StarSpeeder 1000 that way a couple years ago and various other things. (The StarSpeeder, by the way, is really awesome. Definitely one of my favorite figure vehicles. Just sayin'.)

If you haven't seen them yet, Target now has them for $12 in the Halloween section. I haven't decided if I want to rebuild this or buy it to strip for parts to put on the Rebel Trooper blaster I'd already started converting.

I finally picked one up, and started the mods. Apparently to save money on screws, they were only present in half the holes and two sides of the blaster were glued together, complicating disassembly. I used a Dremel tool to open up the ends of the scope, the ejection port, and the holes in line with the bayonet mount. The nature of the mag well will make a functional bolt impossible, so I'll just make it look right. I also plan to add a bayonet mount, barrel, and replace the molded in ring on the end cap.

For those that care, Hot Topics are carrying the Finn and Eps 7 trooper blaster in stores (at least the store near me). However they want the crazy price of $30 for the trooper blaster and $20 for Finn's. Even if you utilize their I store sales, the costs are still pretty high.

I have been very tempted to buy the Finn blaster and make a custom rebel sidearm. Not sure if i will do it because my prop replica collection does not pursue custom items and very few remaining old or new EU items.

Last edited:
I picked up the Rubies ST blaster this weekend at Wal-Mart for $10. Overall, it's a POC (piece of crap) and the halves do not fit correctly.

I did remove the screws but the halves are "perma-glued", or so it seems. It's a cool shape and although a little small, will work for a project blaster. I plan to pry it apart, fix the alignment, fill it with liquid foam, fill the screw holes, and then paint/weather it.

The Finn/resistance blaster is available a Target for $15.

I'll have to take a look in the Hot Topic near where I work for the First Order blaster, though from what I hear, apart from being overpriced, it's also severely undersized.

A little more progress. I cut away the plastic around the scope and rail. Still contemplating cutting back the T-track. The fact that the mag well and counter were glued instead of screwed in place may complicate painting somewhat.

I cut down the T-track, and not only does it look okay, it gives the impression that the barrel is actually longer. A few more details to go, some paint, and I'm done.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back